Board meeting October 22

Our next board meeting will be Monday, October 22 from 6-7 PM right before maker monday. It will have to be a quick one. My hope is that I can get everyone with tasks to just email in their updates - I will try my best to make it happen, but the reason this board meeting is so late is because I have some work travel happening this month that’s messing up my ability to be involved, and I’m not the only one, there were several board members who couldn’t make the previous week on the calendar work for a meeting. But if we’re organized, we can get a lot done in an hour!

Agenda here:
http://makeict.org/wiki/October_22_2018

I would be joyful if each committee lead could just reply here with a quick update answering these questions:

• Accomplishments this month
  • Upcoming goals
  • Where do you need help/how to get involved?
  • Is your wiki page up to date?

Or shoot me an email.

Thanks to you all!

I’ve set Wiki Day for Friday October 12th, if anyone needs help or would like to share knowledge.
I’d like to see us set some short term fundraising goals, for building fund.

I’m planning to be at the board meeting, but here is the response to your questions for the Onboarding/Community Committee:

Accomplishments this month

• We updated the orientation presentation to highlight the importance of volunteering in the makerspace, as well as clarify the process to obtain a member key.

*Open Streets was a huge success, and we had some new volunteers help with the day!

Upcoming goals
We will continue to brainstorm for new ideas to recruit volunteers to help out with our events. We also will continue to explore ways we can improve new and existing members’ experiences.

Where do you need help/how to get involved?
We are always looking for volunteers! Also, there are currently 3 of us on the committee. If you would like to join our committee, please email shannon.fisher@makeict.org

Is your wiki page up to date?
Yep!

1 Like

I plan to propose adopting an official policy regarding members storage. This is mostly just an explanation of how things work currently, but it’s not really recorded anywhere. Input is welcome.

Not sure if this counts since I came on after this project was well under way, but if I am reading all the facebook updates right, we have finished Logan’s firetruck. And the pictures I saw on face book look awesome!

Wiki page looks up to date, but my email is wrong on the committee leads page. There are no capital letters in my email (if google is to be believed).

And no real upcoming goals. Just waiting to start the meetings for MakerFaire with Exploration place, but otherwise…Open to suggestions. Email is nicole.kirkhart@makeict.org if you want to share ideas. I promise I don’t bite.

1 Like

The fire truck isn’t finished yet, but we’re on track to finish for the reveal event in Amorita on the 28th. Everyone is invited…it will be held at the Amorita-Byron Fire Station in Amorita, OK at 3 pm. Hit me up if you need further directions, but it isn’t hard to find. Amorita: Population 37.

1 Like

I’m surprised we didn’t have an October Makerfaire Committee meeting at Exploration Place. I planned on reaching out to them if there’s nothing from them by Monday. I know they have or should have a new events coordinator.

As far as your email on the committee leads page, I changed it to all lower case, even though it would work fine the way it was. In fact, if someone leaves the decimal out between first and last name it will also go through anyway. IOW, Abe.Lincoln@gmail.com, abe.lincoln@gmail.com and abelincoln@gmail.com all end up in the same mailbox.

Mike B

1 Like

Oh! Okay. I wasn’t sure since sometimes it does matter how something is typed. Like a password. Thank you for changing it though and letting me know. I appreciate it.

-Nicole

1 Like