Bltouch

Just got bltouch installed in my ender 3 pro it was easy mechanically to install!
However the firmware was another story
Since I am running a skr mini E3 v1.2 32bit board with TTF the driver is different than straight ender 3 driver and i got led on a wild goose chase till I finally abandoned those instructions online and tried another.
When I ran that firmware it fired right up and acted like it should.
With one exception it runs about 25 points for bed leveling.
I know that this is able to be changed.
What do I use to do this software wise?

What firmware are you running?

marlin

is there something I can do in pronterface to change this
or another software for accessing the firmware code on my printer

Did you compile it yourself, or was it pre-compiled? You may need to change some values in the configuration.h file and re-compile and re-flash the firmware.

i downloaded it off internet it ends in a weird file ext. .cur
I installed it on the sd card and restarted printer it loaded up.
everything was great except for the 5x5 grid on bltouch points would like it to be a 3x3

Have you checked the LCD menu? There might be a setting there.

If not, I think you can tell it to do a 3x3 using options on the G29 bed leveling command. I’m pretty sure G29 P3 should do a 3x3 grid. Might need additional options depending on configuration.

tried G29 P3 ;auto level it did not change point qty

Then it’s probably using the bilinear leveling method rather than linear. I don’t think there is a way to specify the number of points for that method in a command . If there isn’t an option in the LCD menu there may not be a way to change it without altering the settings in the configuration file and re-compiling. Where did you download it from?

I saved the file but I don’t remember where I DL it from.

Lcd has no option for this.

Might have to find another firmware.