Bisque fire complete. 2023.07.03

Happy glazing y’all.

10 Likes

Thank you Devin

2 Likes

Hi Devin. Please make sure you are putting up the white safety rope when the kiln is hot.

2 Likes

Copy that. The rope must have been introduced since I regularly fired the kiln.

4 Likes

No worries!

Kiln has been unloaded.

I’ll be around this evening to load either a bisque or a glaze I haven’t decided what yet. We are down to one functioning kiln.

DWH

4 Likes

Are we having issues with one of the kilns?

3 Likes

The second kiln’s transformer was personal property of a member whom wished to remove it.

3 Likes

Ok. Fair enough. I should be able to find that in our inventory records if they were maintained properly.

Do we need to have both kilns running at this time? If we do, I will see what it would take to get another one.

···

On Wednesday, July 5, 2023 at 05:22:09 PM CDT, Devin Halsey via MakeICT Forum noreply@talk.makeict.org wrote:

| devin MakeICT Member
July 5 |

• | - |

The second kiln’s transformer was personal property of a member whom wished to remove it.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

3 Likes

It’s not necessary to have both is just a nice thing to have both.

4 Likes

Okie dokie. If we need it, just tell me and I will set the wheels in motion to get us a new one. If you know what size/type we need, fee me the info and I will get it recorded somewhere. Thanks bunches!

3 Likes

If someone gets with Evans and lets us know what the price is, I would be more than willing to donate to the purchase of a new transformer that would belong to makeICT and not affect the budget.

2 Likes

You are awesome Tony! Thank you!

2 Likes

There was a fundraiser for the last few months of 2022. Rember the ruckus that caused, we had to pay taxes. It was my understanding we were raising money for that Griffin Grip and the Transformer to get the second kiln running. I donated money to Gaye for both of these items. Not happy about being misled, I feel like I was lied to and Ceramics was ripped off.

3 Likes

Ceramics did do a fundraiser and that money is ear marked for ceramics only. If someone is wanting to donate the transformer and fill out the necessary paperwork that would be very generous of them. At the next ceramics meeting, I would love to hear what the ceramic participants would like to use that fundraiser money for.

3 Likes

I’m out of State spending time with family. I won’t be back until 1st of August. I hope we use the money for the kiln part, but I’m fine with what the majority decides.

2 Likes

Beautiful work everyone!

3 Likes