Big Brothers Big Sisters Logo Movable Sign

https://www.kansasbigs.org/

New Logo
LOGO

Daniel form BBBS had breakfast with us yesterday. @David has donated a trailer for this project. We would like to craft it during Maker Faire. I’m attaching some images and links to the new logo and a similar piece in Kansas City. Our initial idea is to build the foam before Maker Faire, mix color in the foam coat so it can be coated at Maker Faire, then sand and clear coat it after. We will have a brainstorming session this Tuesday at 6:30 -7:30 with representatives of BBBS in the co-working space. They have space to store and work on the piece at their location if needed.

29 Likes, 0 Comments - Westport St. Patrick

This is Daniel’s timeline. He mostly needs some technical direction from us

April 12- BBBS will send an email and social media messages to current matches to participate in constructing the art piece, and screenprint shirts.

April 15- Order screenprint ink and any other supplies needed for the art piece

April 24- gather materials/supplies/trailer

April 27- Maker Faire

May- we will launch a # social media campaign to create interest in the art piece

May 6-17—Work/complete art piece as needed

May 31- Riverfest parade- debut art project in parade or in community

June/July- Art piece traveling throughout town.

Hey I’m bummping this back up

I’m up to my eyeballs in Treasurer/tax/accounting tasks, but I’m still willing to donate the trailer, and will be happy to deliver it whenever/wherever it is needed.

I completely understand

We Wil have build days at the space May 20th, 21st, and 29th. What do we need to glue the foam together and what is the stuff for the outside? Picture next week.

What times?

Evenings as we both work, but once we get going and we need task worked on I can post them here and you can come at your convince and work on them. It’s basically going to be the logo on a base to fit the trailer.

I’ll try to get there tonight or tomorrow night, or both, depending on how my day shakes out.

…and there’s about a zero chance that I’m not currently on an island. I could probably pinpoint exactly how far I could get in each of the four directions. And it’s not very far.

1 Like

As the weather is bad I’m staying home. Daniel will not be there either as BBBS got sent home early and he lives near me.

We have a big letter B!
Here’s where we need your help.
Daniel will leave expandable foam to fill in the gaps between the layers.
We need the foam trimmed around the edges, gaps filled, and a vinyl cut of the MakeICT Logo to go on the back of the B 12"x12" and of the Big Brother Big Sister logo( this will be a suprise)
Maker Monday Memorial Day
We will be adding strips of foam on top to make the outlines of the sections and adding the layer of glue to make the surface paintable.
Tuesday MakeICT
Put the hard shell stuff on
Wednesday BBBS
Finish up

This is awesome! I’m moving it out to the general forum so the world can see the great work happening, Malissa!

1 Like

Hey @malissa - any finished product photos of this? How do they like it?

I think they got it “parade ready” I’ve seen some far away shots on FB. I’ll reach out to Daniel and let you know.

Daniel and the Big “B” will be joining us in the Creator Showroom for Maker Monday.

1 Like