Battery power

I purchased a clearance sewing machine because the description said it was battery powered. It is not. Before I send it back could I use an external battery to run it? I need it to run off batteries because I sew landscapes where there isn’t any electrical outlets.

This is the battery I’m looking at Talentcell Rechargeable 12V 6000mAh/5V 12000mAh DC Output Lithium ion Battery Pack for LED Strip and CCTV Camera, Portable Li-ion Power Bank with Charger, Black https://a.co/d/j7addDt

1 Like

That would run it! Prob for 3 or four hours depending…

Also you could use a car battery… but I shutter to think of you trying to haul a car battery around.

If that battery pack doesn’t give you enough time you can buy more cells and add to it it looks like. Be a fun project for your budding electrical engineer.

3 Likes

True, I posted here because he didn’t have the answer. I have another battery powered machine that will last 8 hours on 4AA rechargeable Everloop batteries. That are 2800 ohm. I was hoping this would go at least 6. I’ll find out.

1 Like

Yea and you can recharge it from the car too.

···

On Thu, Apr 13, 2023, 15:32 Malissa Long via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| Malissa MakeICT Member
April 13 |

• | - |

True, I posted here because he didn’t have the answer. I have another battery powered machine that will last 8 hours on 4AA rechargeable Everloop batteries. That are 2800 ohm. I was hoping this would go at least 6. I’ll find out.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

| james.a.seymour Director of Pansophy and ERP Area Lead
April 13 |

• | - |

That would run it! Prob for 3 or four hours depending… Also you could use a car battery… but I shutter to think of you trying to haul a car battery around. If that battery pack doesn’t give you enough time you can buy more cells and add to it it looks like. Be a fun project for your budding electr…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

2 Likes