Barn owl nesting box

Not a lot left, should i save it for you?

David that cedar is beautiful, thank you. There was just enough for the kestrel house but the roof piece split so now Mr. And Mrs. Kestrel will have a concrete roof!

5 Likes

Nice. I’ll be able to come up with another board or two before long. If you like, we can always repair the split roof with a little Titebond. Let’s save the leftover pieces…cedar is nice for a lot of things. @Sherry, would any of the leftover pieces be useful for your school stuff?

1 Like

They might be!

Go take first pick of what’s in there, and I’ll try and get you some more.

2 Likes

Ok David i put scraps back where you had placed boards.

1 Like

Are the boxes that are in the woodshop in need of a home? I’d take one if they are not spoken for. Nicely done, btw!

2 Likes

Those belong to @Sherry, not sure of her plans. Thanks for the compliment. Also if you are interested in building birdhouses, I have the Audubon birdhouse book at the space. Let mn knownif you would like to use it.

3 Likes

@SeanReed they’re kestrel boxes and you’re welcome to take one if you’d like!

3 Likes

Thanks @Sherry! I’ve made a few Kestrel boxes in the past myself. But these are better.

3 Likes

They’re from the American Kestrel Partnership/Peregrine Fund plans, which they improved over time based upon field performance. I still needed to shave about 1/8" off one side of the doors and place nails on either side for hinges, and some kind of a simple latch to keep the door sides closed.

3 Likes