Backpack Patches

I pop my head into Textiles and ask about how you put some patches onto a backpack. Then @RFisher and @ddunlap said we can do that right now. Thank you for helping me iron some patches onto my backpack, they look great!

14 Likes

Your timing was perfect, glad it worked out!

7 Likes

I was in the hall as you were leaving Textiles. I have to say y’all made his day, if not his week or month and possibly the best day this year, judging by how happy he was.

6 Likes

It was nice meeting you. Glad we could help. It was fun!

4 Likes

This is awesome!

3 Likes

How do you make a patch? Is that just embroidery with the hoop and everything?

···

On Mon, Jul 10, 2023, 08:10 LaDeana Dockery via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| ladeana Board Member & Classroom Management
July 10 |

• | - |

This is awesome!

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

3 Likes

Yes and then some sort of adhesive is added, but most people purchase premade badges.

1 Like

You can make patches with an embroidery machine for sure. I was thinking about using mine to make them for my band.

···

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, July 10, 2023, 12:53 PM, James Seymour via MakeICT Forum noreply@talk.makeict.org wrote:

| james.a.seymour Director of Pansophy and ERP Area Lead
July 10 |

• | - |

How do you make a patch? Is that just embroidery with the hoop and everything?

··· (click to show quoted text, requires login)

2 Likes

I didn’t make them, the backs of the KC Irish Fest and the Arduino ones already had glue on the backs of them. We just had to iron them on. We had to add a glue paper thing to the Star Wars Bad Batch Tech patch helmet.

2 Likes

If anyone wants any heat n’ bond for doing that kind of work, I have bunches of smaller pieces that would work well for patches. I buy it by the ream to make bookcloth, but always end up with 3-6” strips left over.

5 Likes

Oh I know, you have some cool patches. I was thinking about custom patches and applique for stuff I make the grandkids

···

On Mon, Jul 10, 2023, 13:58 Matthew Cleary via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| ElectricGeckos MakeICT Member
July 10 |

• | - |

I didn’t make them, the backs of the KC Irish Fest and the Arduino ones already had glue on the backs of them. We just had to iron them on. We had to add a glue paper thing to the Star Wars Bad Batch Tech patch helmet.

In Reply To

| james.a.seymour Director of Pansophy and ERP Area Lead
July 10 |

• | - |

How do you make a patch? Is that just embroidery with the hoop and everything? ··· (click to show quoted text, requires login)

2 Likes

Have you ever heard of mistyfuse? I’m about finished with a 100 yard bolt I purchased about 10 years ago because it’s hard to find. I’d be happy to split a bolt with someone or several someones it comes in 12" to 54" width. I had the 12 inch bolt.

https://www.mistyfuse.com/

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it’ll work if it’s washable because I need something that provides more of a moisture barrier. I’d like to take a look if you have a small piece left though.

1 Like

I still have a few yards. I can definitely get you some to play with. I don’t think it would make a good moisturizer barrier.

2 Likes

Im trying to talk @ddunlap into teaching a class in making patches and embroidery designs.

6 Likes

Is there an embroidery machine or attachment for a sewing machine at MakeICT? Just curious since I’ve never noticed one.

1 Like

Yes, there is an older model Brother. We received at the beginning of the pandemic. I know how to use it but it’s very limited on what it can produce. I know @SteveO and @jameslancaster had figured out Inkstitch an open source embroidery program that works with Inkscape and were able to get some designs made that worked. We were going to work on an authorization back in the fall but timing didn’t work out. I will probably be putting some authorization classes on the calendar in August.

4 Likes

We do have a small embroidery machine!

3 Likes