Back as Woodshop Lead

Hi!
I am happy to be back. Being Woodshop Lead at Make’ was a very rewarding experience. I can’t imagine that I won’t find it to be even more rewarding this go around as I come to the position with a little more perspective (and slightly tempered ambitions).

One thing I’ll be doing is following the Metal Shop’s example of having Metal Shop Meetups by having our own Woodshop Work-shopping sessions, recurring meetings to work on and discuss improvements. The first will be held on Friday July 21st 2023 at 6:30pm. Future instances will be decided later.

I’ll be as available as possible to address issues in the Woodshop as they arise. With issues of minor concern (no matter how small), suggestions, or evento ask for advice, please email me at woodshop@makeict.org In the event that an accident, injury, or problem of major concern occurs do not hesitate to text me at (316)Two53-Four125.

Thanks, I look forward to working with and among you!

-Aaron

15 Likes

The post about the dust collector barrel says 7:30 for the meeting on the 21st, is it 6:30 or 7:30?

2 Likes

Roy, it’s 6:30. My typo has been corrected. Thanks for pointing that out. Also, as soon as they can tell me why I can’t sign into the event creator, I’ll get it on the calendar.

Edit: They got my permissions sorted out and the event is on the calendar.

4 Likes

Didn’t you just request to be removed from there last week?

I was just getting ready to message you about this thing. As far as I know i can make it and will pencil it in on my calendar. This is a good thing as there are things that should be discussed in person, rather than on the forum as there are those who believe that the reason why i point out things i find wrong on the forum is that I’m just doing it for attention.

1 Like

Oops. Nothing to see here, move along.

2 Likes

I believe that @SteveO was thinking about the recent request by @squarenuts to be removed from the Info and the Events email distribution.

1 Like

@SteveO , Mike is right. I want permissions… wuthout the dozens and dozens of irrelevant notifications. I think that’s been accomplished (and I am getting the relevant notifications!).

@sheldonp1968 , awesome. It will be good to have you there. And always feel free to message me as well.

2 Likes

So sorry, that was my mistake then. Glad you got your access back.

2 Likes

Thanks Steve. It all worked out just fine.

1 Like