Awards & Donor Wall Committee Meeting

This Committee is on the chopping block because of disinterest and lack of meetings.
I’d like to know if anyone is interested in keeping it in existence.
While the Awards Committee is older November of 2019 was the last time any real work was done for the donor wall (thank you to Kim Burton): I’ve quoted the original idea below. I do think maintenance of a Donor Wall is a necessary and useful addition to MakeICT, and I like Kim’s design for the wall. I do not think it needs to be a committee; rather it should be an initiative under Fundraising and in conjunction with Facilities.
Awards, which is really the committee that gives out Scholarships, has already had its duties folded into Finance Committee. However, for the passionate it is possible to argue that Scholarships should be handed out and tracked by a stand alone committee.
Love to know what y’all think.
Should we have a meeting of the Awards & Donor Wall Committee to decide its fate and direction or let it ride off into the sunset on the 3rd Thursday of October?

As a former (or current?) committee member (or lead? I can’t keep track…) I love the chopping block!

Donor recognition should definitely be a finance committee function. I’m happy to be a volunteer to help, but I’m of the opinion that a committee is “five people needed to constantly work on a thing” and this just isn’t it. It’s a project at best.

BTW @rustin.atkeisson FOUND THE SIGNS and basically gave me permission to command-adhesive them onto the walls yesterday which is really exciting! So THANK YOU Rustin! I thought they were gone until yesterday, big day! I’m happy to make more, just need a fresh list of donors… maybe hanging up the existing ones will spark some inspiration around that.

I’d be happy to have a hanging buddy, or even hanging ideas.

3 Likes

Sweet! I’ve been looking for those. I’ll be at the space around 6 tonight for Maker Monday. If you’re available come by and let’s talk about getting them hung. We’ll need to meet with fundraising anyway so that we can work out a protocol for getting your name on the donor wall, or not if you’re a private sort of person. If you can’t make it tonight then tell me when you’ll be there next.

1 Like