Artisan Christmas Craft Mall

Hello, Makers and Artist!
My name Is Joseph Fowler I own Electric Pizza and have been a member for a few years now. I have recently rented the old maker space at 1500 east douglas, and I am looking for Crafters, Artist, Makers, Bakers, and candlestick makers anyone that has work they would like to sell and would be interested in setting up a booth a small display, or just setting up a Christmas tree with handmade ornaments to sell. Since I have a lot of work to do in the shop and back spaces to get them ready for next year. I can not immediately remodel the front so, We are setting forth to create a one of a kind Christmas shopping destination in the front 2400 square feet. Our plan is to rent booths to be open from Black Friday through December 31st. At that point we will close for January and reopen remodeled in February. The site will also feature a Coffee Shop with Espresso, Boba, Italian Ices and local baked goods. You will not need to be onsite to sell we will have a central register set up for the retail sales, everyone will simply have a unique number on their items in front of the price. If this sounds like something you are interested in just Message me.

9 Likes

Will this be commission or booth fee? I’d like some more information.

3 Likes

How much would booth space cost? Do certain conditions or rules apply to set up a booth such as insurance?

2 Likes

We are thinking just flat booth fee for the 6 weeks you supply your shelving-decor, it and make as pretty as you can. You will not need insurance I carry the insurance. Rate is simply 10 a square foot the more room you want the higher it goes. I know some people only need a Christmas tree for hand made ornaments and that’s only like 9 square feet. But you want 12 by 6 or 15 by 15 it would higher.

3 Likes

I missed coming by on Sunday. Is there a time we can come see where it would be set up and potentially reserve a space?

2 Likes

I will be there most of saturday and sunday by 12-4 or so, I will be in and out but I have to build two walls to hold up the area above were the laser and 3d printers sat, in the front.

1 Like

I seem to recall that we ended up putting a jack post in there to keep it from sagging any more.

2 Likes

Yeah I am going in and jacking it up resetting nails and going to add a shear wall about 2 feet under the corner. Also going to run a wall under the load back to the north wall, the other option is take out the attic over that area. We are going to update lights take out the drop ceiling, and polish the concrete floor in January after the Christmas season is over, then reopen with a new look. We will leave the ceiling along the west side. In the main lobby there are windows running along the inside I plan to replace, and open up even more natural light and stain glass.

3 Likes

That all looks very familiar…

1 Like

My PMs move so quickly because I’m on several leadership list, plus I’ve been busy. Is it to late? Should I try calling you tomorrow?

1 Like

sorry no its not to late we wanted to get open this weekend but no one is ready most are coming in on the middle of the week. I will be there most of the day on friday- monday

2 Likes

I will pack up and come by Friday between 3-4

1 Like

My family has other plans for this afternoon will try to find your number and set up another time.

1 Like