Arcade Machine is back :D

I have gotten the arcade machine up and running again. The current selection of games includes everything of the following platforms. Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari Jaquar, GBA, GBC, GB, NES, SNES, Sega 32X, Sega Master system mark 3, Sega SG-1000, and a bunch of arcade games.

Actual arcade titles will be coming in the future along with many more roms upto N64 depending on if we can get better hardware (Lack opengl 3.1 for N64 emulation and beyond)

Control Scheme

Select + Start = Opens Menu
(Select + Start) x 2 = Restart Retroarch
P1 A = Accept
P1 B = Back

Volume control is located on the back of the arcade on the right side. To turn on just open the bottom door and press the PC power switch. If the pc refuses to turn on then check that the powerstrip didnt accidentally get turned off. It should be glowing red if its on and receiving power.

When not in use TURN OFF THE ARCADE!!!. There is a handy shutdown option in the menu
This will not only extend the lifetime of the no longer manufactured CRT but also prevent burn-in to the phosphor elements.

Only thing left todo is a few finishing touches. Ideally a back control panel for turning on the pc, monitor, volume control, etc would be a nice feature to have.

12 Likes

Cool. Thanks for doing that!

3 Likes

Hard drives are in and the arcade is fully loaded with games. (Thanks @heathenfire79) There is now over 150k games on it so go nuts this maker monday and let me know if you manage to break it and how XD

4 Likes

Cool! Thanks for fixing that for us!

1 Like

I was going to make a thread asking about the arcade machine and found this, I’m planning on making one myself so I’ll totally come to you if I have questions.

3 Likes

You might get with @David and @d673mendoza. I think they have experience with Pi-cade or whatever it’s called.

My understanding is that there is an image out there that you flash to a microSD to run on a raspberry pi. Seems straight forward, but I haven’t tried it myself.

As far as I know, with the exception of the broken face glass, everything is there for our arcade machine. In our case, the arcade is PC/Linux based, rather than Pi based, but the ROM images should all still be on the drive.

1 Like