April Fools' Garden Party 4/1/22 6pm

The garden will have our Spring Opening party on April 1st
Please come and enjoy some Maker comradery!

3 Likes

Will Ricky Nelson be our Guest of Honor? This is likely lost on our younger members, but it IS for April 1st, after all…

2 Likes

@squarenuts Just a heads up that this still isn’t on the calendar…

It is now, but I don’t quite get your fundamental reliance on calendars. Many’s the time that I digged up dead men and set them upright at their dear friends doors just when their sorrow almost was forgot… and not once was it on any calendar I ever saw.

3 Likes

I cant tell if this a lovecraft, Poe, or hamlet quote …

1 Like

Closest to the last. It is Shakespeare, from Titus Andronicus.
And to furthrr our literary examination, it does threaten to be “a dark and stormy night”.

1 Like

Lol I went with my general rule of Shakespeare, if its morbid, its probably hamlet.

1 Like

dark and stormy night… that is Snoopy … right?

1 Like

Charles Schulz used the phrase, but didn’t originate it.

From Wikipedia:
“The status of the sentence as an archetype for bad writing comes from the first phrase of the opening sentence (incipit) of English novelist Edward Bulwer-Lytton’s 1830 novel Paul Clifford.”

And:
"The Peanuts comic strip character Snoopy, in his imagined persona as the World Famous Author, sometimes begins his novels with the phrase “It was a dark and stormy night.”[7] Cartoonist Charles Schulz made Snoopy use this phrase because “it was a cliché, and had been one for a very long time”.

You might not be able to tell this by reading the thread, but we’re going to bundle up tomorrow night and hang out with food and drinks!

2 Likes

Who got pictures?! Can a post them here?

No pictures here, but fun as always… it’s been too long. Also nice to see the game nighters having fun!

2 Likes

Was a lovely evening all around. Thanks to everyone who organized.

2 Likes

Ricky Nelson did NOT attend.

4 Likes