Anything on the shelf up for grabs?

My sporadic sleeping has me on a night owl schedule now. So I’m here looking at this wood on the shelf in the shop. Is anything here cool to use as long as there’s no name?
Good chance nobody will be up but no harm in checking.

1 Like

Photo? I’m not sure which shelf you’re referring to.

Also, I’m almost always up. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The one on the right as you walk in. There is a lot more here and I don’t want to start using stuff and end up using something somebody was planning on using.

Also I didn’t realize how spooky an empty old school building would be. When I’m in the hallway I keep telling myself I’m not scared lol

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen people just grab at it, but now I’m second guessing myself. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: Sorry!

But yeah, I definitely get the heebie jeebies there alone at night. Especially when the machines in fab lab are going, because it sounds like people talking.

3 Likes

If it was metalshop the answer is if there is no name/date it’s fair game. Unsure anymore about woodshop.

2 Likes

@squarenuts Awaken!

3 Likes

Okay I’m willing to bet that’s the sound I keep hearing. I’m not losing my mind so that’s good.

2 Likes

I’m assuming at least those arch shaped cutoffs are most likely good to take at least (hopefully). I’m gonna make a little stool I think.

1 Like

Thats not how you summon a lead… three hard strikes on the floor followed by their true name.

4 Likes

Doesn’t it depend on the lead? Pretty sure I put pulled pork in a chalk circle and you appeared.

I’m not a lead, but for future reference, I may be summoned with Nerds Gummy Clusters and Clearly Canadian. :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes that shelf is up for grabs! I actually brought that arch shaped stuff thinking I’d need it for the library I’m building but nope… don’t need it. I’d love it all to go to a project.

We tend to run on a scrap surplus. The world needs to use not horde scraps.

If it were up to me everything with a name on it would be fair game if it had no date or was 30 days past the date on it… we don’t have room for storage and we DO have projects that can use stuff up. But that’s my minimalism talking.

5 Likes

Awesome although I didn’t end up making anything this time. Just kind of walked around and cleaned up the wood shop a little bit. and emptied out the bins.

I may still use those pieces if they’re there next time though. I think if you cut them in half, they would make for cool looking legs on a stool.

2 Likes

all my stuff is marked for the most part, if you are unsure or think its mine leave a note or snap a pic. most of my main scrap horde is in my garage and locker at makeict. The shelf you speak up is pretty much up for grabs, i believe.

1 Like