Ammo Mural (1st Mural Ever!)

I was asked if I’d like to help color a wall of the building my husband works on, so of course I said yes lol.

Here’s the design I came up with:

Here is the very large multisheet guide I printed with City Blue Print. It was a little under $30 for just the line vector printed to a big size, and it was really handy to have for the placement. (Admittedly though, it ended up bigger than what I measured for, and yet fit prettt nicely lol…scary moment thinking it was gonna be too big. Who let me do math?!

I had struggled for awhile to figure out how I was gonna get the design on the wall, and finally settled on using my POSCA paint markers to mark the back of the paper and then push it against the wall, and it worked pretty well! I jumped around a lot, but mostly started with the bottom and worked upward so I had less paper to flip lol.

Day 1 complete, tomorrow is priming (just the design and not the whole wall, otherwise I would have done that first).

3 Likes

Day 2 was awhile after Day 1 because I was tempted to order some Zibra brushes…they’re eveything I wanted them to be lol. Started taping off for some crispy lines…

And then primed! I’m happy the guidelines I made are not completely invisible lol.

Tomorrow I fiiiinally get to paint :grin:

2 Likes

Day 3 was getting that purple on with a new brush, and it ended up drying darker than I’d liked so that will need to be brightened up. In the process of trying to save it though, I made a nice dark grey I ended up using for the shading on the letters. Normally I would not go darkest to lightest, but I’m also not in the habit of wasting paint lol.

Day 4 was getting specific lines straightened out because I’m a perfectionist :laughing: tape is setup for highlights now…

2 Likes

Day 5

Day 6

Day 7

These colors are SO pretty in person, I wish everyone could see them :sob:

2 Likes

Day 8

I have no words to describe how satisfied I am to see the bomb finished (minus small cleanup) :heart_eyes: onto the letters!!! I may wait til Monday because I have a market to be at this weekend.

1 Like

Day 9 (yesterday)

My phone was dead so I couldn’t take a picture, but mt husband sent me this one.
Make a big batch of the last color, struggled through it but liked how it came out anyway, aaaaaand then dropped in on the floor, wall, ladder, and my shoe :sob: tried to mix a new batch and we will see if I matched it the next time I can go in…cuz I ran out of the first batch after spilling more than half of it on the floor :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Day 10

AWW YEAAAH I COLOR MATCHED :grin::grin::grin:
Almost done, just cleaning up my edges. I keep wanting to redo that pink though…its too pink and doesn’t sit well with me. Not super close to what I envisioned, so I maaay go over it. Also considered grabbing a paint chip of the wall itself because I made like…2 oopsies I really want to fix lol.

3 Likes

Yo i just saw this and this is actually dope.

2 Likes

Thank you Kris! :grin: Pretty excited to have it done soon.

2 Likes