Amazon Smile June 2020

Email received today.

Dear Mike Barushok,

This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your charity, MakeICT , recently received a quarterly donation of $106.96 thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com.

To date, AmazonSmile has donated a total of:

• $1,144.09 to MakeICT
  • $183,120,221.33 to all charities

Thank you for supporting MakeICT by shopping at smile.amazon.com. You can track your impact throughout the year at your [My Impact page].

4 Likes

They have added smile to their app. Which should make it way easier.

2 Likes

Thanks to all who help contribute

I just learned of this. Sorry if I had missed previous posts. But I am set up now and regularly buy off Amazon ($200 this week). Thank you to those who set this up and make it so easy to help!

2 Likes

Thank again for setting this up!

1 Like

A reminder - if you use Amazon anyway, you can log into AmazonSmile and help benefit others - like our maker space! Just got this notice today!

1 Like

Its super easy to do. Just set the link you take to amazon.com to smile.amazon.com and then everything works from there!

1 Like

Works on the app too. You can do a similar thing with Dillons (a colloquial term for kroger food stores)

Ya know… I need a new woodcarving knife. I might just donate some money today.

1 Like

Although the timing may be entirely coincidental, there is a social media driven, one week boycott of Amazon going on this week. The boycott is timed to be in solidarity with a vote to unionize Amazon workers in the Bessemer, Alabama facility.

https://www.laborpress.org/amazon-boycott-gets-underway-as-employees-in-alabama-continue-historic-unionization-drive/

2 Likes

I thought it very possible that Amazon sent out that update in a timely manner.

1 Like