Amazon Smile June 2020

Email received today.

Dear Mike Barushok,

This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your charity, MakeICT , recently received a quarterly donation of $106.96 thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com.

To date, AmazonSmile has donated a total of:

  • $1,144.09 to MakeICT
  • $183,120,221.33 to all charities

Thank you for supporting MakeICT by shopping at smile.amazon.com. You can track your impact throughout the year at your [My Impact page].

They have added smile to their app. Which should make it way easier.

Thanks to all who help contribute

I just learned of this. Sorry if I had missed previous posts. But I am set up now and regularly buy off Amazon ($200 this week). Thank you to those who set this up and make it so easy to help!

Thank again for setting this up!

A reminder - if you use Amazon anyway, you can log into AmazonSmile and help benefit others - like our maker space! Just got this notice today!

Its super easy to do. Just set the link you take to amazon.com to smile.amazon.com and then everything works from there!

Works on the app too. You can do a similar thing with Dillons (a colloquial term for kroger food stores)

Ya know… I need a new woodcarving knife. I might just donate some money today.

Although the timing may be entirely coincidental, there is a social media driven, one week boycott of Amazon going on this week. The boycott is timed to be in solidarity with a vote to unionize Amazon workers in the Bessemer, Alabama facility.

https://www.laborpress.org/amazon-boycott-gets-underway-as-employees-in-alabama-continue-historic-unionization-drive/

I thought it very possible that Amazon sent out that update in a timely manner.