Air compressor regulator broke, locked out powdercoating closet

The regulator on the air compressor broke, i hardplumed the line to the air compressor so as long as the device can take 90+ psi you can use it. Due to this i locked out the powder coating closet as we do not have a regulator to use the powdercoating gun (20psi) and dont want them blowing up on someone.

Jimmy

1 Like

I can get a regulator this weekend if that’s what @heathenfire79 wishes.

David

Good thinking, thanks.

1 Like

I am out of town for 2 weeks.

David is really appreciate you taking care of this thank you

1 Like

I’m not super familiar with the compressed air setup in the metalshop, but shouldn’t each device have its own regulator if it needs it? Was it necessary to regulate the whole line down to 20 PSI to use the powdercoating gun?

Sure thing. Travel safely.

yes…yes they should…and yep had to regulate the whole line down to 20psi.
David if we could get 2 pressure regulators 1 for the powder coating gun and one to have extra for other devices (air tools?), that way we can just leave the line pressurized as the plasma and tormach draw bar need it maxed out. During the process i might have fixed the leak in the system as it doesnt seem to leak nearly as bad as before. Tank and water seperator has also been drained and i changed the oil two weeks ago

Jimmy

1 Like

I can do that. By the way, someone had locked out the wood shop compressor, saying it was out of oil. I got two bottles of the same synthetic as it had been using and put them on the shelves by the ceramics door.

1 Like

There are now two regulators sitting on the sandblasting cabinet. If they aren’t what you needed, leave them in the package and I can exchange them for either larger or smaller units.

David

1 Like

as of last tuesday everything is back up and running, their are two regulators on the air hoses, main line is at tank psi and should be left that way.

Jimmy

2 Likes

Thanks, Jimmy.