Air compressor down

Fyi,

The air compressor is temporarily down.

If I get time during my lunch break tomorrow, I’ll try to band aid the hose between the compressor and the dryer back together.

If I can’t band aid it, I’ll try to come up with a more permanent fix Saturday morning (at about the same time I was planning on moving the air line for powder coating).

2 Likes

Is it under 3ft? I have some short factory made hoses for things like this I could drop it by today before you goto lunch.

Jeff Eck

Annoyingly, I think it’s 4ft.

I was tempted to plumb one of the super long orange air lines in place until I could grab black pipe to shorten the run between the compressor and dryer.

1 Like

I think I can get a 4 or 6 ft one as well. If I can I will and drop it by the front door as I have yet to get my new key…. If I am able I will then text you to let you know. I also have brass hose barbs, hose clamps and hose, but I do not trust that to not come apart while no one is present to turn the compressor off… But I will leave both options to get it back up asap for our members.

Jeff Eck

3 Likes

Thanks Jeff!

The air compressor is hooked back up to the rest of the system and seems to be holding pressure pretty well.

After looking at the discoloration of the bottom of the old line from the dryer, I’m definitely going to redo this setup soon with black pipe for most of the run.

3 Likes

Thanks Rustin for the quick fix!

Abel

The air line for the powder coating booth has been moved over. I still need to secure the last few feet of pipe to the wall, but it is plumbed up, working, and should get rid of the need to drag out an extension hose.

I still need to plumb up a more permanent solution for the line between the air compressor and dryer, but at least that’s holding up for the moment.

3 Likes

Thanks Rusty. That will make it much more convenient. AND eliminate the need for a trip-hazard extension hose running in front of the EZ Bake!

1 Like