Air Cleaner Working Group

Having all the materials before you start a project? Are you insane?

There are plenty of satisfyingly clicky switches you can use in the ERP lab.

1 Like

Pleated filters are even worse. Much like bicycle tires and inner tubes were at one time. A Schwinn 24" X 2-1/4 not interchangeable with Huffy or Bendix or Otasco.

Got a potential tip on some squirrel cages, should find out tomorrow

@MAtherton

1 Like

Got something against squirrel cages???

Aye, no, sorry. Was a joke about my D&D character.

Very inside dnd group joke but also very funny.

the old heating units behind the cool half moon vents in both parts of the woodshop probaby have squirrel cage blowers in them. would also be a neat place to put hepa units.

Clarification: ceramics need HEPA, woodshop can probably get away with MERV 15 which are an eighth the cost.
Good point on the existing furnaces, but will need to talk about it with Inventory as they are in working order and have significant resale value if we could find a buyer (a difficult proposition).

Also, they’re kinda big.

A few things:

The readily available/affordable filters I mentioned are in fact MERV 13, not 15 sorry for my confusion.

I’ve asked Facilities for AC in the woodshop effective ASAP. Let me just tag those wonderful folks real quick: @Saga @bigswede I will be making pre-filters for the window units with MERV 13 filters that just got dropped off on my front porch. Ceramics may want to put a pre-filter on their existing window unit as well. If woodshop (and metals too for that matter) ends up getting the same model AC then having already made the filter baffle for ceramics will have produced plans and make future designs easier and better.

Still waiting on those squirrel cages, have been informed that the ones I’m currently expecting are computer controlled which will probably make setting them up slightly more complex and may reqire that they be controlled via themostat

1 Like