Access questions

I have been a member for several years but have not been active on site for the last couple of years due to fraternity obligations. Those obligations are now complete and am itching to get back in the maker space.
I have not been to the new building. Is access the same with our name badges? Is the space up and running? Access policies the same?
Just haven’t kept up but have always paid my dues…
Dale

3 Likes

Hello Dale!
We are in the renovation phase on our new building. We are bringing the building up to code. We encourage you help any way you are able.
We are needing help selling raffle tickets as well as with the physical work to prepare the building. If youd like to be on the call for help list please send your contact information and I will add you.

1 Like

Is there an estimated date makeict will be open? weeks? months?

I can’t answer to the timeline for opening, but as a volunteer I can safely say we could use more volunteers to help make it ready. There’s quite a lot to get done.

2 Likes

My optimistic side says weeks, not months! We finished a whole ADA bathroom last week - waiting on some heating plans and somebody who can run 220 to the metalshop (seriously though, can anybody run 220 to the metalshop?)

If you’re a member you can come out any time to help. Weekend will be great. We can keep you socially distant for health! This weekend we need epoxy in another bathroom, there’s a gutter than needs re-hung and the rest of the paint for the woodshop firewall. The more people come out the closer we get to opening!

3 Likes

My feeling is the time to opening is largely dependent on the number of people who come to do work. If you are antsy about us not being up and running, remember that you are the maker space. Come help us getter done!

2 Likes

Hey MW, didn’t realize you were a member out at MakeICT! I hope to see you around the new space later this year!

Yes. Most of my on site time is spent in the metals area. Look forward to seeing you brother!
D

1 Like

Paula, I didn’t hear from Kai so I bought some butter screws and got the butter secured. The left over screws are on a shelf in the maintenance shop.

2 Likes

Sounds great! Thank you for following through!

Okay, I’ll bite. What’s a butter screw?

I think he might mean “gutter.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay, THAT makes much more sense!

A butter screw is the auger device that squeezes butter out of the mill into your food…just my guess

3 Likes

Hahahaha!!!

Volunteer opportunities are everywhere at Booth.
Come to our next Volunteer orientation on Tuesday June 9th.
Get a tour of the building and a chance to get dirty with a job making our new space.
Please RSVP with Paula if you plan to come as spaces are limited.

1 Like

I have been released by my Dr. after open heart surgery. Would like to help.

2 Likes

I got off work really early this morning and wanted to take a look around but my key fab did not provide access. I’m assuming this is normal until get more gets done but thought I would check just in case I was doing something wrong. Any input would be helpful. Unfortunately my work schedule keeps me from volunteering much.

1 Like

Byrum,
Currently the access to the Booth building is restricted because it is an active work site. The best bet for taking a look around is to come on down to one of the Tuesday evening ReMakeICT events and get registered as an active volunteer or just have a look around. Otherwise reach out on the forum and see if anyone is available to let you in. We do have folks that come in to work throughout the day and we can coordinate something. Also feel free to e-mail myself @jpalschauhan or @Paula to coordinate a visit. Hope we can see you soon, the new space is gonna blow you away.

1 Like