AC in breakroom

I called River City Mechanical to have a tech sent out to repair the system.
He came today. The system is back up and running. It was a bad contactor in the condensing unit on the roof.

7 Likes

That sounds like it was probably relatively inexpensive. Thanks for getting it taken care of!

2 Likes

That would explain why it was running when I came in. However, it was not cooling. Could just be because of the heat. I turned it off, but I can turn it back on.

Running but not cooling? What was it set to and what was the temp? Wide variation?

It was 81 in there when I went in. Wes and I were talking, and I didn’t realize it was fixed yet. He said he changed the temp to 83 to get it to shut off.

When I left, I went ahead and left it off. I can turn it back on tomorrow when I go in, where hopefully it will be a little cooler. I can make sure it is putting out cold air.

1 Like

I will call River City on Monday and have them come back out. When I left after the service it was blowing cool air and dropping the temp.

1 Like

I think it is working fine. I turned it on around noon, and the temp has dropped from 84 to 80 so far.

3 Likes

80c?!

1 Like

Nah. 80 Kelvin. It works remarkably well, and our electric bill for June will be $6,984.88.

2 Likes

We need to encapsulate the building in Dewar flasks

1 Like

I was going to go with leyden jars but you do you bruddah

1 Like