6/25 PRUSA 1 - Not Working

6/24 at 9:30 PM I started a print on PRUSA 1.
I came in this morning to check on the print (approximately 17 hour print, 5hours left to go)
At some point, probably 9 hours or so into the print my filament line became tangled at the spool and would no longer feed to the hothead.
I stopped the print as soon as I discovered it, unloaded the PLA line and attempted to reload the line. The filament line will not load and the auto loading mechanism just clicks but does not seem to advance the line at all.
I am shutting the machine down and will put a note on it. I will, of course, pay for any necessary repairs. If it’s an option I’d be happy to join you for the repair or diagnosis work as I am interested in the mechanics involved.
Thank you,
JaiPal

2 Likes

An update:
I followed PRUSA’s instructions for clearing a clog (without disassembly or intrusion with a needle) and was able to extract a glob of material from the hot end. I was then able to load filament.

4 Likes

Last Update:
I got material to flow through the hot end and thought I had cleared the blockage, so I started a new print.
It failed and apparently PLA found its way everywhere. I was left with a block of material on the bottom of the printer as I believe the PLA was coming out the side of the hot end.
I am still interested in assisting in what I believe is now a replacement of the hot end or at least an opening up and cleaning out of the unit.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed info. I’ll be in on Wednesday evening 6:30-8:30 for the regular 3D printing meeting and maintenance time. If nobody else happens to fix it before that time we should be able to get it sorted out during that time.

1 Like

I’ll join you.

1 Like