3D Printing Community

I stopped in and took the tour tonight and liked what I saw,

My primary interest is 3D printing. A saw a couple prints running but couldn’t find anyone to talk about that area.

I own three printers and have been in the hobby for little over a year. I’m preparing to build a Hypercube.

I was curious how much activity was in that area, what projects people work on and if there were any collaborative projects going on. I was also wondering if there were others that had interest in the tinkering side of the hobby.

I’m also interested in learning Fusion 360, Blender and building a 3d scanner.

2 Likes

You definitely found the right place! Open project night is on Tuesdays, you’d be more apt to find those people on that evening. I’m sure they’ll pipe in shortly. I recently took the Fusion 360 class and say it’s very informative.

Yeah, we definitely have quite a few people that do 3D printing, 3D design, maintenance, etc. We have several who have designed and built their own custom printers. I’ve been thinking of trying to start a regular meetup about 3D printing so people could come in and ask questions, learn about maintenance, get help with designs, bring their own printers for troubleshooting help, etc.

1 Like

We should come together and build either an lcd or dlp printer, from scratch, for the makerspace. That would be a good thing to have in the jewelry lab as well.

1 Like