3D Printer Filament

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:862724

1 Like

I have restocked the FabLab with a supply of PLA filament for use on the 3D printers. Money is tight right now, so it is a limited selection, but includes several of the more popular colors. This is the filament that @Frank has been selling. It is a little cheaper than the Hatchbox brand that we have traditionally purchased. I’d be curious to know from any of our avid 3D printers how you feel it compares with the Hatchbox.

2 Likes

Thanks Steve !

We are down to the last few meters on the last “normal” spool of PLA. Assuming this last order was for the GST3D brand that I’ve seen printing over the past month, it hasn’t caused me any issues on either the Prusa or Creality.

Thanks for the notice. I’ll get some some more in shortly.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t know if I like it. I don’t have any hard data, but it seems like we’re getting a lot more clogs and jams than usual.

There should be some more delivered this evening. I’ll probably get a couple new rolls of Hatchbox ordered too. That way maybe we can see if there are any correlations between problems and brands.

3 Likes

I use GST3D exclusively it has worked great for me. I also sell this for 17$ a roll if anyone needs some for personal use I have 16 colors on hand. 80rolls in stock

Hey Frank,
I accidentally ordered some green 2.85mm PETG filament. Could you or someone you know make of this size? I just don’t want to see it get wasted.

Bill

I dont have any use for it I can think of most everyone I know is using the smaller stuff

Has anyone had this happen to them? This is a spool of hatchbox. I was really surprised to have this issue as they are normally so reliable. I’ve had several bad prints on this spool and finally started unwinding enough to do a print then rewinding it to ensure it won’t hang up.

According to the internet, that’s impossible! I’ve run into one spool like that in so the filament we’ve gone through at the house. Hatchbox is was always pretty reliable for us but I don’t think we’ve bought any in awhile as we started experimenting with other brands when it was hard to get hatchbox. Anyway, good luck. I believe that there is probably another spot in the spool where it’s tangled in the opposite direction but if you can’t print past the first one, it doesn’t really matter. Where that does matter is if you fix that spot and then get to the next one it’s stop printing again.

They must’ve had trouble with their winder. The whole spool is loose with wavy filament and many spots where a bottom layer is on top . I’m just pushing through this one as I wait on two new spools.

Yeah, I’ve seen a couple Hatchbox spools with winding issues. Usually they are wound very neatly, though.

1 Like