3D Circular Sock Knitting Machine

I have been a sock knitter for quite awhile. When I first saw a circular sock knitting machine I was awestruck, but the price is rather prohibitive. Then today, this showed up in my email. CSK machine
I thought I would post this here for anyone else would like to try their hand at 3D printing and sock knitting. “Give a person a pair of socks and they will have happy feet for a year, teach a person to knit socks and give them happy feet for a lifetime” I think how that saying goes

4 Likes

There is a slew of additional parts beyond the printed ones… but does it make like… normal socks. Like I could wear them to work?

···

On Wed, Jan 11, 2023, 14:15 Scott Sullivan via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| ScottS Ceramics Area Lead
January 11 |

• | - |

I have been a sock knitter for quite awhile. When I first saw a circular sock knitting machine I was awestruck, but the price is rather prohibitive. Then today, this showed up in my email. CSK machine
I thought I would post this here for anyone else would like to try their hand at 3D printing and sock knitting. “Give a person a pair of socks and they will have happy feet for a year, teach a person to knit socks and give them happy feet for a lifetime” I think how that saying goes

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

2 Likes

Yes, It is standard adult size socks.

3 Likes

wow, that would be cool.

3 Likes

That is super cool Scott.

1 Like

Is it possible to expand you design to make beanies?

2 Likes

Their are knitting machines that just make beanies. I had to look up on youtube after you asked that. I would think it would be easier to knit beanies than socks.

The machines are manual… but one of them has an adapter for a drill. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We have one in Textiles and I have seen it online with the drill attachment.

2 Likes