2019 Riverfest volunteers needed! June 1-7

Hello makers! Ready to share your love of making with Wichita’s underaged? I thought so :slight_smile:

Once again we will be out at Riverfest June 1-7, running our tables at the Kids Corner and teaching families about MakeICT and our love of science, technology, engineering, art and math! We need LOTS OF VOLUNTEERS so if you’re reading this, sign up. Doesn’t matter if you’ve never done these activities or you’re a brushbot making pro, we will put you to work and I promise it will be very rewarding!

If you sign up for two or more sessions, your riverfest button is on us! A whole week of fun in exchange for 4-5 hours of more fun? That’s what I said! You do not have to be a MakeICT member to take advantage of that generous offer - so bring a friend!

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050e4caca62ca1fa7-makeict

And let me know if you have any questions at all. Thanks!

2 Likes

Done!

2 Likes

I signed up for Sunday, but it’s going to be helpful if someone who actually knows how to solder is there, too. Otherwise I’m not sure what might happen.

2 Likes

Don’t worry you can come in with no prior experience. We will teach you to solder, this will be a fun way to learn!

2 Likes

I recently learned to make brush bots, from my son, 30 mins before volunteering (by myself) and in an hour and a half made 30. You’ll do an excellent job, and the people you are teaching will appreciate you just learned as well.

1 Like

That’s why I chose it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting! Everyone else makes brush bots from toothbrushes, but okay. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Stranger things have happened.

2 Likes

I’m just bustin’ on ya.

I tried to post a funny video with that response but I guess its to big.

Spots are filling up but we could use a few more helpers. Each night really NEEDS two volunteers, and three would make life great, so fill in as the 2nd person at least f you can’t decide where help is needed the most. Monday and Tuesday night are light right now.

1 Like

I need someone to jump in here an help Kim out on Monday. I can’t make that day and she is the only person who signed up. I put myself down for Tuesday.

If you have never done one of these before, you need to know that Barb will show you how to make the item before the kids learn. Remember this is gonna be super easy for a maker… it is a project for kids :slight_smile:

I guarantee you will have a good time!

We filled our shifts! Love you all :slight_smile:
Multiple shift people your buttons are in my mailbox.
Everybody who signed up, I just sent you an email with locations and details.

Happy STEAMing!

2 Likes

Shoot. I had planned to volunteer. It took me a bit to find the sign up and I see all slots are filled. This is awesome! Let me know if additional help is needed.

2 Likes

Pick a shift you want to come to. I am sure we can take one extra… It will be fun!

4 Likes

Me, too, Paula! It’s been a busy couple of weeks!

1 Like

Totally just drop in on one you like. I am sure if Kim or Barb has a cancellation, they will think of you gals first:)

(It is pretty fun playing with the kids… I mean teaching the kids STEAM activities… and it is better with friends… if it gets to crowded… we could send a person off for a few minutes to grab a treat or see something that caught their eye… come and join the party!)

2 Likes