1st Woodturning Event of 2021

Join the South Kansas Woodturners with a Zoom Meeting from the Wood Turners in Manhattan, KS.

Saturday January 2, 2021: 8:30 am - approximately 11:30. They will do a Show and Tell with members showing their work in the last month Then they will move into a demonstration of a wood turning project.

We are limited to 12 more total in Room 2. I will be there as President of South Kansas Woodturners and so will our Vice President Greg Kuban, with the Zoom link.

All MakeICT Members, (finished Re-Orientation - meaning your badge will get you in) are welcome to attend subject to the limit. No Cost!

1 Like

What day is it being held?

Tarka, Thanks for the catch. I copied it from the Calendar and did not catch the date, just the time. OP is fixed. Saturday January 2, 2021

1 Like

John, I’m planning on attending tomorrow at 8:30am

Great!

Bring some stuff you’ve turned. We get a chance at Show and Tell also. Always good to show off.

The first 30 minutes is just meet and greet. So don’t push the roads.

It will be good to see you!

John

1 Like

Hello, I missed the first woodturning event due to being in the icu with covid. So I was wondering about up coming events.

Hello,

Future Events will be scheduled on the Calendar for the Classroom, as the one on January 2nd was posted. The regular meetings of the SKW will be 2/20; 3/20; 4/17. Other classroom events may be scheduled as the January 2 event was.

Classes will be posted as time allows. A number of our better turners and instructors, carefully observing the Covid precautions. They are also ready to start as the conditions begin to allow.

Stay tuned.

John Nicholas

2 Likes

Thank you

Will there be any wood turning classes this spring? I have been wanting to learn to use a lathe and would love to see the beginner’s course on the calendar again.

1 Like

We will schedule an Introduction to Spindle Turning, in the next day or so. Spindle turning is the basis of all turning. Much of what you learn here is safety and your way around the lathe.

2 Likes