What would you like to see in our future?

Note to self: Remember to add vacuum forming machine to list of equipment for orientation and tours.

3 Likes

Lots of great ideas! As a folk art painter and sewist, I’d love a paint studio offered. Simple “crafty” things like papercrafts, paint parties (I’d be willing to help with, I’ve done a few), mixed media projects, seasonal decor sewing projects (I’d also love to work on these), simple make and takes. Many of my friends are very talented, but are intimidated by the techy or beefier makerspace options, keeping them away. These are more up their alleys.

1 Like

A kids club?
Stem projects, classes, notebook?
A job board?

I have a guy who wants help with sensor data in a drill head…

2 Likes

Another thing that I’d like to see is an inviting, fun front window display that really pops and showcases the huge variety of opportunities available. Maybe, displaying samples of upcoming classes. It needs to grab attention and make people curious about what is happening inside.

2 Likes

A VR room would have the ability to make all these ideas seem real! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

We would love a Piranha shear :), Yes to Virtual reality lab and video production!!

1 Like

Great idea would love to see those kind of classes

We applied for a grant that would include some papercrafting materials, including a cricut. Not sure if we will get it, but I’ll let everyone know if we do get it.

2 Likes

Read that as circuit at first.

That would be really cool we had a broken one for awhile that we were going to … something something with. But it never got worked on.

I’ve also been promised one by a member but I can’t recall who.

Mentorship on how to take ideas to market or how to start a business off of your ideas.

1 Like

actually this is a really good idea.

One thing I tell people is that you are going to make mistakes. There are some mistakes in business that are unrecoverable. If you burn up a transistor, you can unsolder it and replace it. If you lose control of your IP, you aren’t going to make money off of it. Having a mentor where both of you have signed an NDA who can show you the ropes and possibly provide you with a few industry contacts is a huge leg up. I would say the first step to making this happen is to talk to our lawyer and have a standard NDA, and a non compete agreement written up that both parties can sign. That way the mentee feels comfortable that the mentor isn’t going to steal his idea, and the mentor has a level protection as well.

3 Likes

If enough are interested, I can do my turning your hobby into a business class again.

3 Likes

I am I am

I am currently learning the ropes on contacts. Im now requiring them for most all of my illustrations and designs. I always thought they were kind of… I don’t know… something… but they really are important. No grey areas and makes everything crystal clear.

1 Like

While I am a former lawyer, and not currently licensed (left practice and didn’t keep up my CLE), I can add some on contracts to my business class.

I’m just back from a vacation today, but can get something on the calendar in a few weeks.

1 Like

A maker organization class.

I’ve not mastered this art but made strides. Currently using a Bujo, but I have hundreds of project ideas and things I wanna do that span through all of the areas how do you keep all that straight without it slipping through the cracks?

Emacs + org-mode :grinning:

frowns in VI

2 Likes

I sent in a thingy (technical term) to get this scheduled in a couple of weeks. I’ve got the class size at 25, so sign on up as soon as it is on the calendar. If there is interest, I can do it again in October.