What I was making at MakeICT 5 years ago

Six years ago this week, made a Floppy Drive Orchestra, AKA Floppotron, for the 2nd Annual Maker Faire:

5 Likes

Looks like 8 years ago I was making a multi-arcade machine out of an old Nintendo cabinet

3 Likes

Also, eight years ago I could actually see the floor of my garage.

3 Likes

Another project from 8 years ago. I gave the mailbox to someone, but don’t remember exactly who it was…maybe @jeff ?

2 Likes

5 years ago this week, I built a couple of small hovercraft for Kansas Starbase. The bottom one was their original design, and the top two were the ones I made to replace it. Fittings for air were 3D printed.

3 Likes

Five years ago this week, made a lithophane from a photo of my son & daughter-in-law’s wedding. Easily done on a 3D printer.

2 Likes

And yes, I am officiating in the photo, and yes, the background of the lithophane does look exactly like the wall in Room 4, although it was from a time long before we bought the building.

Six years ago this week, I made my first DrawBot.

4 Likes

Impressive!

It was great, and I could make some really cool drawings on foam board or poster board, but the next one will definitely be a belt drive instead of a ball-chain, and the algorithm will be much better. Stay tuned, kids!

You made a lot back then

Yeah, then I ran for the board and all the fun stuff went to hell :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Six years ago we had a show of maker’s projects. I made this Cypress slab table with steel hairpin legs and brass inserts. Finished it with clear epoxy.

3 Likes