Voting email sent out

My newsletter email came through fine on Gmail. :+1::+1:

There have to be more options for how the survey is sent through Survey Monkey than this weird partial embeded survey question. Itā€™s just bonkers.

I think having to go the extra step to remember a Wildapricot usename and password is going a bit too far. We only interact with that because we have to.

Maybe we should set a goal for next year to build a voting module into Discourse (talk.makeict.org) where we are all spending plenty of time already to make it simpler for everyone?

Not everyone uses the forum. We want as many people as possible to be involved in the voting process. But I agree something has to be done. There is already confusion, thats not good for anyone.

Okay yeah, I clicked the ā€œembed first questionā€ the first time I sent it out, I realize today I did not have to do that. Sorry it made it confusing.

A reminder email went out, itā€™ll be in your spam folder too (ugh!) but it just has one big button that says ā€œbegin votingā€.

For next year we could look for a system thatā€™s:

1. less likely to land in spam
  2. anonymous voting
  3. ensures only one vote per person
  4. has the approval ranking system needed for the at-large directors

If you see people around the makerspace today/tonight, remind them to vote!

Not in my spam box. I kept having peoples posts on the old forum goto my spam so awhile back I made sure to set anything with MakeICT to not spam and only a few have been marked spam sinceā€¦ I had to log into my MakeICT account on gmail to change the settingā€¦