Voting email sent out

We just hit send on the 2018 annual meeting/election ballot.

Make sure you are opted in to receive surveymonkey. If you do not get the email in the next hour or so be sure to check your spam folders.

Opt-in link:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/user/email-opt-in/

It went to the “spam” folder in gmail. This worries me as a lot of member will not read about it here are look at there spam folder.

1 Like

Same happened to mine… not a good sign. most people don’t look at their spam folders.

Also, it took me like two minutes before I click on the one options and had it load the full thing up. I know I can be slow about these things, but it did not seem very clear that I should do that. The email just looks like a bylaws change and you don’t see the voting information. I worry members will not click as bylaws don’t seem that as interesting as voting on people.

2 Likes

Mine went to SPAM as well

Well, I could send a newsletter out. Sometimes those go to spam too :frowning:

Seem better then nothing. :slight_smile:

I have not received the email to vote. I have also opted in. And it is not in my spam folder.

I was super confused. So I have to vote for the bylaw change in order to see the rest of the ballot?

Yes, once you select your decision on the bylaw change it sends you to the ballot.

1 Like

Your email is a “survey preview” of sorts - click on the question options to go to the real survey. Then if you don’t want to vote on the bylaw changes you can clear both options and hit “next”.

I just sent an email out through wildapricot telling people to look in their spam folders for the surveymonkey email, I hope that’ll get more attention.

It also clarifies that new members in the 30 day probation don’t get a vote yet.

Thanks all!

Also in spam (Gmail), and also confusing. I suspect we’ll really have to try hard to make sure everyone who wanted to vote knows where to find their ballot, and that it actually is a ballot. Perhaps you can send out a couple of follow-ups to those who haven’t yet voted through Survey Monkey and test that it’s formatted better than this first round?

2 Likes

Maybe we should just tell everyone we put it in their spam mail :slight_smile: (mine went there as well)

Yeah, but if all your emails are going to spam…it won’t do any good to tell them it’s in spam, if it’s already in spam…

1 Like

That’s pretty meta…

2 Likes

I actually had this problem for a year with my FFAC social site and I fixed it by using Google’s G Suite SMTP Relay to send emails through…

It’s an extra step but if you can do that, then that might solve a lot of your headaches. Mailchimp works ok but most of the time it has to have Mandrill attached to it for it to work best. Mandrill is like $29 a month and G Suite is only $5 a month per user.

If you could consolidate your email down to just one main email (to send emails from), then you might be able to do it that way.

I don’t know exactly how you guys have it setup…but now my emails go through without a hitch…

Only took me a year to figure it out…lol

Why Are MakeICT emails going to spam anyway? The ip must be blacklisted by Google at the least, which is what I’m using.

1 Like

It isn’t email from MakeICT. The issue is the email from surveymonkey.
Their IP address is on several black lists. Same is often true with the
email blasts because those come from mail chimp, which is also often on
black lists.

Steve

The problem with this particular email is that surveymonkey sends everyone a unique tracked URL tied to your email so everyone only gets to vote once. I don’t have a copy+paste that I could put in another service like wildapricot or gmail or mailchimp to send out. When I send a newsletter out, I also save a copy at http://makeict.org/blog so people have a go-to place to not miss stuff… but again, you can’t do that with 400 unique URLs.

This is the same thing we went through last year, right down to the bylaws changes first and then the voting, next year we can do the election questions first if people like that better.

It looks like in the future the survey could be done as a web link using wild apricot sso. All participants in the survey would be required to log in to their wild apricot profile. No need for email. Just post the link everywhere. Only active members on WA could sign in to vote.