Visual Arts Committee

Actually it’s an art gallery filled with junk. lol

3 Likes

And it had air conditioning since before we bought the building.

6 Likes

If we turn it into a functional classroom, ill be sure to donate a fan, so no has to hear people like me whine about the summer temps… or maybe ill just wear one

I would kindly ask that this thread stay on topic so we don’t get lost in the weeds of other discussions, as us makers often do.

7 Likes

Kim Byck
Polymer Clay
Quilling
Acrylic painting

4 Likes

Doug Wilson

Dip Pen Ink Drawing (with Sketchbook Pro)
Screen Prints (single and multi-color, on paper and fabric)
Laser-Engraved Dice (For table-top gaming)

4 Likes

I would be interested to help as I can. I am a craft painter as in “cutesy” type projects. I laser cut surfaces for decorative painters and also paint them and other surfaces. My favorite surfaces are fabric pieces, junk like screens and windows, rusty gas cans, suitcases, books, etc. My laser pieces are mostly ornaments and small decor pieces. I use craft acrylic paints. Let me know if any of this fits into your plan. I think that it would draw in more women into the space.
Mary

2 Likes

Art is art, and visual arts is a big category.

2 Likes

Yes please! I would love to take part, I feel like this space would attract a lot more members.

2 Likes

On the subject of easels, it would be awesome if we could get some of our woodworkers in on this! Ive looked into making an easel myself, and there are dozens of plans/blueprints you can purchase online!

2 Likes

I’m interested as well.

1 Like

Here is the google meets link for those wishing to join virtually.

Visual Arts Committee
Monday, Aug 22 • 6:00 – 7:00 PM
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/qop-bopg-vfi

2 Likes

Sorry I’ve been a bit busy this past week getting ready to move into my new place. It wasn’t my intent to ignore this. I saw it, got busy and ended up getting drowned in all the ridiculous business emails that get past my spam folder.

But I’m all for a dedicated space for visual arts. I think a small computer area would be pretty cool too if we could afford it.

I’m not sure what the plan is for the computers I saw in the back room where I had my ID picture taken. But with the Ethereum merge coming next month I’ll likely be looking for a new use for all the graphics cards I have. I’d be interested in discussing getting some graphics cards put into computers for members to use for digital art whether it be drawing, 3D modeling, video editing, etc. Lots to do with computers really.

2 Likes

I don’t check this often enough I guess. Just saw this and of course it is after the fact. However, I’d be willing to help if you are still looking for some. I think it is a wonderful idea!

4 Likes

The meeting last night went well and we have formed a nascent committee with a chair and secretary. I’ll be posting a new thread in the committees topic section to start talking about possible classes and other topics.

6 Likes

We did it, y’all! Official committee with dedicated storage (Classroom 1’s closet)! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

6 Likes

I’ll start moving in supplies this weekend. I’ll bring organizational bins, too. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

When you are looking, see if you can find the metal cart that belongs in room 3. We probably should move it to room 1. It has been missing for a while.

3 Likes

Is there anything that I could contribute, or that you need help with?

1 Like

Somebody might have donated a stainless steel kitchen table to that room… same somebody might help tighten it up if asked too

2 Likes