Unwanted produce

Hi all, I would be glad to take any produce in the garden you want cleaned up. I have 4 pigs lol

3 Likes

Poland China?

Hampshire/Berkshire cross

2 Likes

they’re so cute! any thoughts from the garden committee on just adding on next year and becoming a farm? lol

5 Likes

Only if we add goats and chickens as well.

3 Likes

Farm comittee lets goooo!

Lmao

2 Likes

Chickens and goats are technically allowed in city limits. But the city doesn’t allow hogs at all :sob:. I’ve got enough animals to care for at home, though, I’m not committing to daily care somewhere else!

4 Likes

Some one should check on the limitations that are contained in in the PUD we set up in 2019. That contains a number of limitations, we agreed to about our activities. I do not know if animals are covered. I do know there are limitations on outside concerts and noise.

John

1 Like

Just kidding! Althought we have the space for it… lol

1 Like

I wonder if goats eat bindweed…

2 Likes

I am likely to have small watermelon off my plot your hogs would be welcome to. I’m hoping to get in and do some cleanup this week. I would imagine there’s also melons and whatnot left on plants which didn’t survive you’re welcome to.

2 Likes

Thanks Sherry. Your watermelons look good. Have you eaten any?

I have! Early in the season they weren’t ripe even when all characteristics pointed to ripeness but I picked about a dozen right before the frost and even the ones I was sure would be unripe were pink and sweet. Next year I’m not planting 2 per plot and I’ll limit the number that develop, I think

2 Likes

Yeah thinning is how to grow big ones. It seems like watermelons are always ripe late in the season here, like when it starts to cool off. Just let me know when and i will pick up whatever you don’t want. The piggies love watermelon

there is going to be pumpkin carving at the halloween party this friday! Would you like us to save the discarded pumpkin from that?

3 Likes

Yes i can bring a tote to put it in. Thanks!

2 Likes

awesome!

I left a tote in library by door for pumpkin waste. Don’t think I will make it to party. You can leave the tote outside i’ll be in Saturday. Thanks

4 Likes

Awesome! Thanks!

1 Like

thank you for watermelons Sherry!

4 Likes