Trivets

Ceramic tile etched with the only recipe card I have from my mom, who has been gone for nearly 2 decades. The tile is inlaid in red oak which is finished with mineral oil. It has a key hole slot in the back so it can hang on the wall.

I used Mario for the etching, ShopBot for the inlay and cutting the pieces. The routing table to round the top edge and bevel the bottom edge. It was very satisfying to be able to come to the space and have so many different tools to use.

A trivet is used as a place to put a hot dish or pan.

I don’t remember for sure but I think I was inspired to create it from a posting on the forum here. I made one for each of my siblings and myself.

12 Likes

WOW Dave, that’s really cool. They will be a wonderful remembrance for you and your siblings forever now. Awesome work on them. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Ben helped me do this with some cutting boards. Mom’s recipe in her handwriting.

2 Likes

How did you prep your file for those Roy - just scan in as line art? What resolution? TIA

1 Like

@Woodman Maybe it was a posting you made that inspired me. Did you post about it in the forum? Do you have pictures?

1 Like

That’s very nice

1 Like

Cathyb - I supplied a picture of a recipe card, Ben did all the rest.

No, I hadn’t posted any pictures.

2 Likes

Im glad i could help Roy! I was thinking about scheduling a laser cutter help desk. Basically a laser level 2 class. I love the laser cutters and I want more people to utilize their authorization. The other week I helped Kim make stencils to use in the pottery department. Another super fun project and she made a beautiful mug for me😁. I will re-post picks when the glaze pics come through.

5 Likes

I’d take it.

1 Like

Kims lantern of classic rock came out looking great, congrats, I’m sure her husband will love it!

3 Likes