This could be for Electronics too

Is there anyone that just can’t enough enjoyment out of crimping Molex connectors on 20 and 22 guage wire? Oh, and stripping the wire is thrown in as an added bonus.

I am very clumsy at it because I have Craftsman’s hands and fingers. Shovels and hammers preffered.

If anyone wants to help or learn how to rewire my Monster 3D Machine and install a Duet 2 control board in an over-engineered Moneypit with great potential, It could save me time and conserve the Magic Smoke.

This is fair warning , I will be disappointed if the Magic Smoke is released.

3 Likes

I’m confused. Are you asking for free labor? At my job, this would be around $1000 min for someone to perform and probably even more money for someone to have to learn how to do it right (with no backup duets and wiring etc).

1 Like

Yes, you are confused. I was asking for a little help, not overpriced atitude.

Lets be nice now.

In fairness, I did have to read your message a couple of times to get the right picture. If you read it fast, like most people do on here do, it is easy to miss the words “If anyone wants to help”.

4 Likes

![70070553389__2D94D079-4964-471F-B3D3-A9195884EE4A|375x500]I (upload://p0SpYRETx7SDikPctZyvPMlwYP2.jpeg)
I upgraded my tools and taking my time. I think the woorst thing is everything will go backward. It can be fixed in configuration and firmware.

My biggest frustration is finding accurate up-to-date information, emphasis on accurate. But I’m learning more, just the slow way.

5 Likes

Everything will go backwards? How so?

1 Like

In my case, Murphy’s law.
If I installed wires in connection backwards.
I can either double check or just correct in firmware.
Just depends how lucky I feel. Lol

This was the project.

I don’t recommend recommend designing and sourcing parts for building your own machine, unless you’re neurodivergent and enjoy challenging, frustrating projects.

It’s been in several stages over the past 3 years.

One guarantee though, no other way to really learn the ins and outs.

This monster has Z banding issues, a few known causes to look into. First stop, lead screw couplers.

4 Likes

Making significant progress. I went from this to this with some tuning.

Now a cooling issue but I have been expecting that. I little more tweaking and I will be satisfied for the time being

The Duet 2 controller was a splurge and it’s taken too long to attack the project.

The Duet look and feel is a blessing when configuring and tuning the machine.

NOW, I’m glad I spent extra.

Of course it’s technically obsolete, so am I

1 Like

The Molex connectors give me the most issues compared to JST. At least when I screw up a JST I can pull the pin out of the connector and redo it. I’ve built the Voron 2.4 350, Voron 0.2 and I start a Trident 300 build this week. I had some banding issues and resolved mine with adjusting the belt tension.

Good luck on duet!

1 Like