The lounge

Lol. I know how you arrived at that assumption. The answer is, yes. Although stationed in Korea at the time, I traveled to Osaka nearly every weekend for a year. Senpai had been a title for me for some years even before training in Japan.

1 Like

Just doing a reality check before sinking in a lot of time into thisā€¦

As cool as it would be to make our own, it looks like the carts can be found new for $100.

Butā€¦ it would be cool. Dang global economy ruins everything.

1 Like

Think global make local

1 Like

Then how do you put a Maker spin on it?

Could we set it up to house the electronics from the Eco-fest bike generators so that people have to pedal to pop their popcorn?

Or is it as simple as adding a cosmetic crank handle and painting a MakerMonkey on the side?

1 Like

or hook up an animated dragon to ā€˜breatheā€™ on the kernals when they are about to pop

1 Like

:thinking:ā€¦lol, Iā€™m loving the snack-attack-pedal-power idea.

Iā€™m hungry, I think Iā€™ll have some popcornā€¦pedal, pedal, pedal, pedalā€¦

For the record, this is a Makerspace, not a shopping venue. Iā€™d be far more inclined to have the membership create a cart rather than buying one, IMHO

1 Like

NNNOOOOOOOOO!!!1!11!

lazy people unite!

If this is to be done in a timely manner weā€™re going to need a project manager with measurable work and deadlines or we will not be getting our popcorn cart till July 25th, 2364. :wink:

nods in electric bus

4 Likes

Letā€™s table this idea until the space is up and stable again. :frowning:

1 Like

I like the idea of of dragon-based popcorn popper.

1 Like

Ok, I agree with you, makes sense to just purchase but thought I would get it out there to see if someone was itching to make one personally for MakeICT. I will purchase it.

On hold it is, til further notice

1 Like

Agreed on hitting the pause button.

This might be worth letting stew for a bitā€¦

Are there a few annoyances from the old setup that we could remedy easily with the cart? Like I remember coming in a few days at the old space to find popcorn that was a few days old. Would it be worth putting a ā€˜last madeā€™ clock/calendar on it?

3 Likes

I believe that the new policy is going to be that if you pop some, you are responsible for cleaning the machine before you leave. So there should be no need for that.

1 Like

It looked cool parked on Douglas, and new York, and the alleyā€¦ and the fire probably looked cool too.

1 Like

I donā€™t have any photos of the fire, but I do have lots of pictures of the burned-out shell.

1 Like

Working on ā€œuser manualā€ for the use of popcorn machine: Basically if you use it, you are responsible for clean up. Right now, it is setup in the ā€œbreak roomā€ aka (shhhh) kitchen. I also want to make available single serving microwave popcorn packets (if there is enough interest) in the vending machine, for people who donā€™t want the hassle of set up and clean up of the popcorn machine. Of course then members will have to choose between the cost of the vending machine popcorn, vs free popcorn WITH CLEANUP.

1 Like

Microwave popcorn packetsā€¦ if I had a dollar for every time I had to stand outside in the cold waiting on the fire department because someone in the dorms in college burnt their popcornā€¦

Very large-print instructions on the microwave door might be in order. Perhaps some black tape over the useless ā€˜popcornā€™ button too.

2 Likes