The Lounge (TM) presents: The Fight Before Christmas

Dear MakeICT Membership,
You are cordially invited on Dec. 24 at 7pm to participate in the (what I assume is) first ever one-shot one-page RPG session of “The Fight Before Christmas”! (Link to da rules)
This a simplified RPG system that rewards imagination and improv ability. I will Game Master for whoever shows up, no holds barred, be it one person or twenty. If it becomes a large enough crowd we will relocate to a classroom. All I ask is to come prepared to have fun.

Requirements to having fun!::

1. Read da rules (it’s one page, super easy to do)
  2. Your character will be an orphan at a Minimum Security Orphanarium, come up with a character beforehand and if they are naughty or nice.
  3. Think of one (or multiple) reasons why your innocent child/character would want to enact vengeance on the personification of joy and merriment, aka Santa Clause.
  4. Bring a pencil, sheet of paper, and some d6 dice.

Bonus Points:: Anyone that brings group snackable items earns a free reroll of a failed anything.

Masking will be ZEALOUSLY enforced. Expect the game to last 3 hours give or take with a hard-stop at 11pm.

Please RSVP/question my sanity below.
~Sincerely
C. Kringle Esq.

Please Note their will probably be swear words/violence/ect. so this will be a PG13/NC17 rating game. You have been warned.

8 Likes

Man I wish I could go, have fun guys!!!

1 Like

My thought was some people may not be able to travel to be with families for various reasons this year so why not play a game. We’ll see how it pans out. Playing this one page RPG has been a tradition for a couple of years now with my other Dungeons and Dragons groups, and my theory is there are enough nerds at MakeICT to make it worth my while.

3 Likes

I’ll try to make it.

2 Likes

Of people planning on attending, are there any food allergies to be aware of?

Going if your still having it!

1 Like

It is still on. So far the group is going to be around 6-7 people.

2 Likes

Masking will be zealously enforced?
Explain?

The MakeICT policy on masking will be enforced. Bring a mask, mask up if you’re not eating/ drinking, have fun. If someone doesn’t feel the zeal then I would kindly ask them to not attend. If someone shows up anyway with a less then co-operative view on masking and refuses to do so the event will be cut short.

No one needs to bring the gift of covid home for Xmas.

2 Likes

Ah no problem I was prepared to dress up

I have to admit I have a couple of costume peices for it myself.

2 Likes

Having some car trouble and running a little late. Hope to be there soon

Had a great time! Huge shout out to Michael Atherton for GM the game;Great story! Came home and told the story to Carol! Lots of fun!
Thanks you for every everyone who joined in to play I loved sharing the adventure with you it was epic and Santa did not have a chance! Hope to play again soon with other adventures.
Merry Christmas
Frank

2 Likes

I agree, it was super awesome! I’m not sure we can take the credit for what happened to Santa though. I agree about wanting to do something like this again sometime.

2 Likes

It was a blast. Big thanks to Newt, Bag, Reiker, Miss Anthrope, and of course Bob.

Simon will Return…

2 Likes