Techsew caster repair

I have removed the broken caster from the techsew stand. Please don’t move it. I should have it back together soon.

1 Like

Is there a sign on it? I can’t get there till Monday to put one on it.

It’s like a Ford - up on blocks.

1 Like

Can you give me a call? 3166402117

And yes, now there is a sign on it

1 Like

Typical 2" casters are rated for around 75-100# each. W according to the web the techsew machine is around 350# complete. I’m not sure how accurate that is, but it is at least a little heavy. That maxes out a typical 2" caster if the load is evenly distributed. I don’t think the load is evenly distributed, so likely this caster was overloaded. If you want to stay with a 2" caster, I would suggest using a heavy duty one like below. Otherwise, it might be a good idea to go to a 3" caster. I don’t know how important the current pedal height is. I’ll get this one functional again for now but it would be a good idea to think about a more suitable caster for continued reliability.

Dave

1 Like

I’m just seeing this. Is tomorrow morning around 11 good?

That’s good with me. thanks

1 Like

I have used casters similar to these on several heavy machines in my shop and they seem to do fine. I am sure there are “better” ones out there. In fact, whatever you end up buying, I might check that the wheel bearings haven’t been damaged during assembly, as I have run across that on some of them. Still, I find the value in these casters to be very good. I also find this style of brake to work better and is easier to operate. If you prefer the side locking, let me know and I’ll find one of those.

https://www.amazon.com/SungMi-Polyurethane-Threaded-Capacity-SM-AMS-230008/dp/B07F3TW521

1 Like

I’ll get this installed this afternoon.

1 Like

All better for now.

3 Likes

I forgot to order the casters, just ordered them today. They will be here Friday.

1 Like

Scratch that something happened they were marked as undeliverable and Amazon is refunding the money. I will have to reorder.

1 Like

I hate when that happens!

Finally remembered to bring in the casters they are sitting on the Techsew.

1 Like

All better. Be careful the first time you move it. If you pull it as hard as you had to with the old casters, it’s likely to fly clear into the wood shop!

3 Likes

Thank you much appreciated