Techsew caster repair

I have removed the broken caster from the techsew stand. Please don’t move it. I should have it back together soon.

1 Like

Is there a sign on it? I can’t get there till Monday to put one on it.

It’s like a Ford - up on blocks.

1 Like

Can you give me a call? 3166402117

And yes, now there is a sign on it

1 Like

Typical 2" casters are rated for around 75-100# each. W according to the web the techsew machine is around 350# complete. I’m not sure how accurate that is, but it is at least a little heavy. That maxes out a typical 2" caster if the load is evenly distributed. I don’t think the load is evenly distributed, so likely this caster was overloaded. If you want to stay with a 2" caster, I would suggest using a heavy duty one like below. Otherwise, it might be a good idea to go to a 3" caster. I don’t know how important the current pedal height is. I’ll get this one functional again for now but it would be a good idea to think about a more suitable caster for continued reliability.

Dave

1 Like

I’m just seeing this. Is tomorrow morning around 11 good?

That’s good with me. thanks

1 Like

I have used casters similar to these on several heavy machines in my shop and they seem to do fine. I am sure there are “better” ones out there. In fact, whatever you end up buying, I might check that the wheel bearings haven’t been damaged during assembly, as I have run across that on some of them. Still, I find the value in these casters to be very good. I also find this style of brake to work better and is easier to operate. If you prefer the side locking, let me know and I’ll find one of those.

https://www.amazon.com/SungMi-Polyurethane-Threaded-Capacity-SM-AMS-230008/dp/B07F3TW521

1 Like

I’ll get this installed this afternoon.

1 Like

All better for now.

2 Likes

I forgot to order the casters, just ordered them today. They will be here Friday.

1 Like

Scratch that something happened they were marked as undeliverable and Amazon is refunding the money. I will have to reorder.

1 Like

I hate when that happens!