Supplies suggestion for ERP Lab

Could we keep some of this in stock at the space?

3 Likes

We had some but it became a hassle because people kept letting it out

2 Likes

Actually at one point I considered redecorating the entire electronics lab as a witches hovel complete with stone jars and vials for resistors and capacitors, and a one way mirror that has the scope behind it.

3 Likes

I have some spare ESP8266 smoke. I do now, anyway. Time to clean off the workbench.

1 Like

Most people don’t realize electronics are all miniaturized steampunk devices.

1 Like

Having worked on many British sports cars I can testify that anything made by Lucas is likely to cause the magic smoke to get out.

The old saying was that on the eighth day Lucas created dark.

2 Likes

If memory serves Makeict elected not to put in an automotive area because we couldn’t afford the expense it would take to continually replace 10mm sockets.

My memory is fallible however

2 Likes

We learned from other 'spaces who figured out the hard say that allowing auto work leads to large, immovable projects taking up space and making everybody angry.

1 Like

I have one of those big blue projects…I have to agree that when things go wrong, they go full “going to take a while” wrong. I still hope to be able to weld a few patch panels one day. (off body of course)

1 Like

Lol maybe that was it too.

I have a 20cc engine I’m rebuilding. Although I haven’t made a lot of progress recently…

Engines and cars are things I’ve never really been into a whole lot, but there is some cool things to be learned from rebuilding a small engine. I highly recommend buying a cheap gas powered something (chainsaw or lawnmower) from a garage sale, dismantle it clean it, replace the broken parts, and then reassemble it.

Not in the space though…

1 Like