State Fair Demo

One of the members called me and said he spoke with someone @ MakeICT who had been to the State Fair and watched a demonstration of a wooden tool box being made with kids. I asked if he knew the location of this demonstration @ the Fair. Unfortunately he did not.

If you are the person he spoke to could you share the location - Building name ?

Thanks, Bill

2 Likes

I am not that person but at the kansas city makerfair several years ago. An organization was doing just this, kids got to keep a hammer too. My granddaughter was thrilled until it was reappropriated by her mother. Who by the way has half my tools.

I feel ya kid I feel ya.

My guess is the classroom, it used to be do art. But I did not see where they were being made, but I saw a lot of them and the design looked the same.

Boards are precut and starter holes drilled. Kids are able to put the nail in the hole and tap in with a hammer.

Now that I think of it, shop bot would make short work of precutting the box parts.

1 Like

I wonder if it was the Ad Astra building and the Construction Careers Alliance because they’re doing educational demos with kids.

2 Likes

You know I bet it was!

Over by the rabbits and fowl.

···

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022, 13:12 Sherry Ibrahim via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| Sherry MakeICT Vice President
September 16 |

• | - |

I wonder if it was the Ad Astra building and the Construction Careers Alliance because they’re doing educational demos with kids.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

2 Likes

Yes it was. Kids were having a great time with the stations they had set up. The tool box was one of those stations.

3 Likes

I didn’t know I was starting a problem. We were in all of the buildings and they kind of became a blur. Sherry and Paula are correct. It was in the east part of the building.