SOUPer Duper Clean-Up Day - Feb 10th

This is a great opportunity for you to volunteer your time as a member of MakeICT! Hope you can make it!

5 Likes

Can we post it on FB, too for those who don’t check this daily?

1 Like

Great idea! I’m tagging a couple of our FB moderators. I’m also planning to hang up posters on Tuesday around the space.
@kim
@Malissa

2 Likes

I was thinking the same. In the last month we’ve only had 53 unique visitors to the forum and we have almost 400 members.

1 Like

FB event is up https://www.facebook.com/events/1085805544933393/?ti=as

2 Likes

Robert is bringing chili.
I’m bringing broccoli cheddar soup.
Looking for a couple other folks to make some soup for our volunteers!

3 Likes

I’ll bring some vegan coconut thai red curry stew.

3 Likes

Yummo! Thanks, Jeff!

2 Likes

Do we still need more soup? I could make a nice Vegetable Brisket or the soup of my people … potatoe. (That one would be vegetarian (but not vegan) if you didn’t want to add extra bacon. Generally my Potato Soup is potatoes, milk, butter and salt and pepper. Extras are onions, cheese, bacon… add what you like.

Or if we think we got Soup covered… I could go off the reservation and create some nice chocolate chip cookies or brownies…

1 Like

We currently have 3 pots of soup. I’m in favor of your sweet tooth offerings! Thank you!

Ok… ugly, but delicious desserts coming up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will bring chicken noodle!

1 Like

Thanks, Lady! I also have the bowls, spoons, crackers and drinks covered.

Someone should probably check the vacuums today and make sure the filters are cleaned out.

1 Like

That’s a constant battle. I’ll bring one of my own vacuums - does the panasonic have bags someplace? That’s actually not a bad vaccuum now that I’ve gotten to know it. I might reclaim the Bessel I bought us in January for a more thorough cleaning.

We also really need somebody with a TRUCK to remove some of the huge items that didn’t sell with the 3-nerd rule, and to deliver the big printer to its next home.

Thinking on the vacuum issue… What about a decent quality shop vac with a nice wide suction head? I feel like that would handle the large pieces often dropped in the Fab lab better and be more rugged for a commercial-type setting.

The Sears Outlet Store has some pretty good prices on the Craftsman shop vacs.

1 Like