Smokers! Police yourself!

If it were up to me, I’d just say no smoking on makeict grounds, but I don’t know what our policy is for sure. If you smoke, dispose of your cigarette butts!

3 Likes

I spent considerable resources to make a dedicated smoking area, complete with butt receptacle, just outside the west doors. And while I have at times smoked near my vehicle, particularly during our mostly down months, the butts invariably go in my vehicle or into the dumpster (after being properly extinguished). I would support enforcing smoking only at the designated area or in a vehicle, complete with enforced consequences, but would not support an outright ban on smoking on the entire 3 acres.

4 Likes

Since we’re on the topic, we have some members who are very susceptible to the effects of cigarette smoke. Now that we’re pretty much open for business, it is very important that those members do not end up coming out the main doors through a cloud of smoke, so please observe the rules regarding smoking (and particularly non-smoking) areas. Or smoke in your vehicle.

5 Likes