Scouts and MakeICT - Venturing Opportunity!

Hello everyone! Just wanted to send a reminder of the Venturing Interest Meeting TOMORROW evening at 7pm.

Venturing is an inclusive co-ed program through the Boy Scouts of America for males AND females aged 14-21 (or 13 and completed the 8th grade). It’s operated through Venturing Crews- units of youth and advisors that meet on set schedules and plan activities and events for youth.

Have a soon to be 14 year old and interested? Come on out!! :slightly_smiling_face:

I look forward to meeting parents and youth tomorrow night!

Have questions, please feel free to call me at: 512-228-7020 cell.

2 Likes

I served on the cub scout committee for 5 years while leading my den and currently serve on the boy scout committee for troop 893. My son isn’t in venturing yet but I’ll be there tomorrow.

I would love to see makeict partner with BSA for something. The match seems just about perfect to me!

Something similar to Scout college in hutch would be awesome. Scout College was a day long event at the cosmosphere/ hutch community college where the scouts participated in classes designed around their achievements. A makeict version would have to be smaller but could allow the scouts to move through our areas making and learning about the different tools and machinery that we use.

These are great kids. I had my den to makeict to laser engrave and they had a great time. Also bought clay from the ceramics area and they made pinch pots. That was years ago and they still talk about it as some of their favorite things we did.

2 Likes

I won’t be able to be there due to a family situation. Erik can you make sure everything runs smoothly? ( know you will )

2 Likes

Thank you Erik! I cannot wait to meet you tonight. Also, thank you for your volunteerism with Scouts :slight_smile: This is a great partnership.

2 Likes

Just a friendly reminder our next meeting is Tuesday at 7.

1 Like

Thank you Malissa! I am unvailable but I will see if Kevin can pop in.

1 Like