Rubber stamps

Does anyone have experience making rubber stamps on the laser cutter? I know the machine is capable of doing this only I’m not sure that the Laserweb software has the right settings for this.

I brought in some laserable rubber stamp material a while back, and Kim Burton actually made a stamp or two, so I’d say she’s the current expert. Remember to mirror the image, though. Including @kim in this thread.

Laser engavable rubber is key, for sure. I’ve done a few stamps, so I’m confident you can make it work.

2 Likes

I have not made a stamp that nice but I keep trying!

The laser cuttable rubber I had was from David and I still owe him a stamp! Things to note: it took higher power than I thought it would (like, 50%!) skinny fonts come out bad, go for THICK lines, don’t forget to mirror your image, and get some of that rubbery smushy stuff to mount on your wood block so the stamp prints evenly.

1 Like

Thicker lines…are important…material is point paramount…

Thanks for the replies! I finally bought some rubber pads from superior stamps down the street. I’m messing around with the settings only for some reason one of the letters of my file (made in inkscape) shows up without fill in sheet cam. Anyone know why this happens?

Probably not a closed curve. Look closely at the entire outline, almost certainly there is a gap somewhere in the outline.

Mike