Rostock not extruding

Came in this morning to red ABS in the Rostock. I wanted to change out to blue PLA and after some difficulty, I noticed that the nozzle was really gummed up with the red ABS. After cleaning that up, was able to run a bit of the PLA through and push the remaining ABS out. However, after that, I couldn’t get anything to extrude from the nozzle (manually or through a print). I didn’t want to mess with it any more than that, so I put a note on the whiteboard that it’s currently not extruding. I’d be interested to hear how it is fixed, so I can take care of it in the future!

Whenever I change from ABS to PLA, I manually set the temp of the hotend to ABS temp and manually push some PLA filament through to clear it. Then set the temp back to PLA. If I don’t clear the nozzle at ABS temp, then it is possible to leave ABS in the nozzle, which doesn’t flow well at PLA temps and results in a jam.

Thanks David. Yes, that’s basically what we did after realizing that the PLA temp wasn’t working to move the ABS.

Was someone able to get it working? Curious to know what the trick was. Thanks!