Registering for Classes

As Treasurer, more and more I am finding that payments are put into the drop box for classes, with just the name of the class (if I’m lucky) or even just “Class” written on the envelope. Please, please, please – give me enough information to figure out who you are and what you are paying for.

One additional thing - just dropping a payment in the box for a class is not enough - YOU MUST REGISTER FOR A CLASS. I can’t apply a payment to a class you never registered for, and there’s a good chance that if you fail to register, even if I can take the time to figure out what you’re trying to do and when, the class may be full!

If there is ever any question about how to pay or how to register, PLEASE feel free to send an email to treasurer@makeict.org and I’ll be glad to help you.

That’s my bad, David. I really wasn’t sure how to efficiently get someone registered to the class. I WAS able to add someone AFTER, but I still don’t know if that covers “registering”.

If you’re talking about the mallet class, that one was fine. Adding them through the checkin tool does properly register them for the class, even if it is after the fact.

Yeah, it isn’t a big deal if they are listed in a class. But I get payments for classes, and I believe the payer thinks that making a payment is the same as registering. I can even register them, but I have to at least know what class they want to take, and hopefully what date, since some classes repeat. It just makes for a lot of unnecessary emails and legwork, since we’re setting new records on the number of classes and number of attendees nowadays.

Should we have a class about registering for class?

So can I just write on the envelope with the class name and “random crasher”? Asking for a friend.

Or better yet, just put cash in the box without an envelope or any description of any kind.