Quilting Meeting interest?

Do we have enough makers interested in Quilting/Piecing to start a regular Quilting meeting?
June and I would like to host a meeting maybe twice a month. If you’re new at quilting or an old pro you would be welcome to come learn or coach. We may start with simple piecing projects and techniques and slowly advance to quilting on the longarm and more complex quilts. Let us know if you’re interested and if you’d like to meet and what days and times are appealing.

1 Like

I’d be interested! I wouldn’t be available until starting at the end of the month or next month. I’m available Monday & Wednesday evenings after around 8/8:30 or on Saturday. I have a quilting project that’s been on hiatus for a while that I need to get back into. I’ve never used a long arm quilter before, so I’d love to learn how to use one.

1 Like

I would be interested. Either Monday or Wednesday would work for me. I have an Idea for a quilt I want to make and would love to learn how to use the long arm.

1 Like

private email sent to Tom

I am interested. Daughter wants a t-shirt quilt.

1 Like

I am interested!

Me three!

Me four… :sweat_smile::+1:

I’m down. I found this super cute quilted heart on my river walk. I googled myself into a new hobby interest.

3 Likes

I reserved the Quilting machine for tomorrow (Sunday March 13th) from about 9:00am to about 2:00pm. I’m assuming it will be fine. If any of you would like to stop in and see the Gammill in action or talk quilting feel free to stop by. It’s a charity quilt I’m working on so if you’d like, you could test drive the Gammill longarm with me.

1 Like

Ok. Now that it looks like we are developing a following, I am proposing “Monday Madness” (get together and sew quilt and enjoy other quilter’s company) on the 1st and 3rd Monday evenings from 7-9ish? every month. And of course, everybody is also invited to be in the space any other time. Any other suggestions for get together?

2 Likes

I’m thinking about trying some ruler and free motion work soon. Do we gave a ruler foot (1\2 diam. And tall enough to ride against a ruler) if not, where should i get one and may i alter the gammill by installing one? Ive been inspired by Michaels Quilts videos on youtube and I’ve
ordered his practice template from spoonflower. Id also like a lesson in free motion chalked patterns in the future. And maybe some advice on fabric markers or chalk pencils that disappear or iron out. I had a volunteer gig fall apart so ill likely be spending mor time quilting soon.

1 Like

The standard foot on the Gammill is the ruler foot. And, yes I have some rulers. There are also templates/rulers on the shelf. I will be there tomorrow night at 6pm for Terry’s authorization and will bring them in. If you are around, we can talk about it then.

Lots of new texhniques for us to learn and practice.

1 Like

Reservation: Brian Pressnall. Wednesday, April 20 to complete a quilt.

1 Like