Nicole’s Maker Page

Quilts quilts and table runner. The first three photos, are quilt tops ready for the long arm in the textiles studio. (Can’t wait to use the long arm :blush:) The pink quilt and pumpkins are some of my recently finish projects.

11 Likes

Nice work!

2 Likes

All nice stuff. Looking forward to Saturday myself.

2 Likes

I dabbled in electronics yesterday for the first time ever with the help of @Kez. I learned so much and it worked the first time. :blush: wheel of fortune led

7 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

WOOHOOOO!! Your thing did the thing the first time!!!

@james.a.seymour’s “Zen of Soldering” for the win!

Can I just say how very impressed, and inordinately pleased, I am that your thing did the thing the first time and I didn’t have to troubleshoot it? Like, thank you so much for not making me use the one brain cell I have. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Look at those solder joints!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for teaching me!!! I have been searching Amazon trying to find more kits. I found a 5 pack of different kits that I think I’m going to order. Practice practice practice :blush:

2 Likes

I turned a hickory bowl last night. I really enjoy doing this. Minus the heat in the woodshop :hot_face:

10 Likes

Beautiful piece of work.

2 Likes

Half way done with some diamond art. Very relaxing to do after work. :blush:

6 Likes

Ooooo…he’s a cutie! What do you do with these when you are done? Do the ‘diamonds’ make them difficult to mount? And…omg, so many ?s…are they paper you are sticking them to or a printed and treated canvas? Obviously Ive been interested, but have many many WIPs and so Ill ask questions and ponder getting myself one some more.

2 Likes

He is soooo adorable! I just can’t wait to complete it! This is my first time doing one of these but here is my plan:
Once it’s done, I’ll mod podge it and put it in a frame without the glass to hang up. I’m hoping not having the glass in the frame makes it easy to mount. It’s on a canvas, imagine paint by numbers with a sticky surface and little plastic gems. It’s been a fun process but take much much much longer than I ever thought it would so it will be a while before I do another one. I used an exacto knife to cut away small squares of the plastic and place the gems in that spot before moving on. I also bought an organizer for the gems because some of them are very similar in color and have little symbols on them so you can tell the difference.

2 Likes

Just a thought modge podge has a charge and will attract dust that will build up on the surface. You might want to use a clean acrylic or a resin.

1 Like

Oh I didn’t know that. I’ve never used acrylic or resin before. I might have to try it.

···

On Fri, Jul 28, 2023 at 9:53 AM Malissa Long via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| Malissa Communications Committee Member
July 28 |

• | - |

NicoleR:

I’ll mod podge it

Just a thought modge podge has a charge and will attract dust that will build up on the surface. You might want to use a clean acrylic or a resin.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

2 Likes