Quarterly Maker Vendor events

I think there is enough interest to start having quarterly vendor events at the maker space. This would be potentially $500 of income per quarter and another time to tour the space on the weekend. I’d like to have a meeting on January 13 at 6PM before the Women Who Make monthly event. We have pretty much created the structure for these events we just need to know we have enough volunteer support and people trained to run backend. As @ladeana, @John.Nicholas, and myself have pretty full plates.

4 Likes

It needs to be someone that will use the existing infrastructure, that has been used in 2 of the last 3 events. I still have a charge against my account for the first payment on the June Event.

3 Likes

Yes, I would prefer this event to be to gauge interest in helping out on the back end. Such as state reporting requirements, collecting vendor information, floor plan, marketing materials, and social media posting. If there is enough interest plan dates for this year’s events based on the 2023 Events calendar the Classroom committee has built.

2 Likes

Thanks to those who came last night I should have taken minutes but did not. We will be having another meeting this coming Friday, I will be adding it to the calendar. We have added some agenda items for the Board to address, permitting for outside vendors and editable vendor contracts.

3 Likes

I’m going to think about the question of “who is our audience?” and brainstorm some additional ideas about how to reach people and bring notes to the next meeting.

3 Likes

We have a meeting scheduled for tonight, but I’m not up to it. I can reschedule or you can try to move forward without me. I don’t have things together for this evening but I can probably have something put together by Wednesday next week.

1 Like

I’d rather wait until next Wednesday. It’s important to have you there.

2 Likes

I will reach out to Bill and move it to Wednesday

1 Like

Saw this as I was heading towards the door.

Actually I was dealing with a last minute conflict so the universe worked it out again.

Thank you

1 Like

Just a reminder that this is tonight

1 Like

I will be there at 6. @gemma let me know she can’t be there and Melissa Shockley(never attended) has left the group

1 Like

I will create a wiki page and start posting notes there and in the vendor event subfolder in @Classroom_Management next meeting will be Feb 8th at 6 PM

1 Like

2 Likes

Is it March 26th or Saturday the 25th?

1 Like

thank you I will fix my graphic

2 Likes

I would be interested in becoming a part of this process. How do I go about doing that?

2 Likes

Do you want to be part of the behind the scenes or do you want to be a vendor?

2 Likes

Me?

I was going to help behind the scenes. I know I’m putting the flyers out. The next one I may vendor. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No, not you silly. @katelynn asked and I wanted her to clarify her question, what she was asking was unclear to me.

2 Likes

Either honestly. I’d love to help behind the scenes and I have someone(s) who can run my vendor space if that works for the setup. But my focus personally would be the behind the scenes.

4 Likes