Prusa 3 Fail Tip Stuck in Glob

3D print failed on prusa 3 and tip came off inside glob of PLA filament

2 Likes

The nozzle came off while printing? That’s odd. Can you add a picture?

3 Likes

2 Likes

Who’s gonna tell him?

2 Likes

The blue thing in the picture is the silicone sock. It goes over the heater block and helps keep it clean and stabilize the temperature a bit. They have a tendency to fall off as the age, but they aren’t really a necessary piece and can usually be put back on. So unless I’m missing something, I don’t see an issue in this image.

3 Likes

Thanks Christian, I didn’t want to risk breaking something else on it. Just to be on the safe side.

2 Likes

Sure thing, always good to ask if you’re not sure. It is possible for the nozzle and heater block to come loose during a print and start leaking out of the threads, but I’ve never seen one actually fall off. Usually when you end up with a glob of failed print it is because the print came off the bed or was not properly set up and tried to print in mid-air.

3 Likes

Agreed, as many problems Creality has, mine has never had that part fall off. But I’m constantly buying new parts for this Ender 3 PRO - POS.

···

On Wed, Dec 28, 2022, 10:38 AM Christian Kindel via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| Christian MakeICT Member
December 28 |

• | - |

Sure thing, always good to ask if you’re not sure. It is possible for the nozzle and heater block to come loose during a print and start leaking out of the threads, but I’ve never seen one actually fall off. Usually when you end up with a glob of failed print it is because the print came off the bed or was not properly set up and tried to print in mid-air.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

Prusa 4 is giving an error:

Undervoltage detected

Your Raspberry Pi is reporting insufficient power. Switch to an adequate power supply or risk bad performance and failed prints.

You can read more in the FAQ.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s “normal”. I had to repair the Pi on that one by swapping components from another damaged unit. As far as I know it hasn’t caused any actual issues. I should probably just disable that warning.

4 Likes

Thanks for your help Christian.

1 Like