Potentially Shanghaied College students

WSU has ENGINEER+ requirements and one of them is service learning hours. I might be able to talk a bunch of them into working at the makerspace for service learning credit. Before I make a bunch of college students sweep antenna’s I want all the @Leads to look around and see what kind of electrical engineering tasks need be done. sewing machine in the corner that smokes when you turn it on? More efficient way to turn on a thing? Perhaps you have a power supply that is 13% over set voltage (which I do) what kinds of electrical stuff can they design / fix/ build. Has to be electrical engineering based and it can’t really suck. like… no fair having them clean the crawlspaces, but they can build a robot that cleans the crawlspaces.

also remember we have to pay for materials.

5 Likes

The paper shear in letter press is supposed to have a lighted cut line feature, but it’s not working. Would be so awesome to make that happen.

5 Likes

The dust in the crawlspaces is extremely concerning. A robot that cleans them should be #1 priority.
I know I’ve seen people have trouble with the laser cutters on/off system.

4 Likes

You might have them go through the stash of vacuum cleaners in the west hall and tune up the guts.

5 Likes

Laptop batteries all need replaced.

5 Likes